Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nasty habits

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:19 AM
  • 9 Replies
I have a has smoking habit now I'm expecting I have to quit any advice or tips to help Mr
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
theresa13183
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:06 AM
2 moms liked this

you could try weaning off ciggs....i smoked half a pack a day but when i found out i was pregnant i slowed to one a day for a week or two just so i was'nt stressing my body out with the sudden quitting after doing that i sort of just stopped thinking about it

i also had alot of support from my mom and sister to help me stay on track and not get out of hand again

lil-mami
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:17 AM
I'm definitely going to try! My fiance smokes so it makes hard not to think about it
eds6619
by Emily on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Ask your dr.  You both need to quit, those baby's lungs are too precious to sacrifice!  :)  Plus, you two need to be healthy.

huneebadger
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM

My sister smoked and then found out she was having twins. The OB suggested she wean as it would be a huge shock to her body if she quit cold turkey. She also ate sunflower seeds with shells as it kept her hands busy when she was sitting around!

Good luck!

AmandaN1
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I really really wish I could. Just know you have support in this!!! You can do it!

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Ask your doctor.

Some people wean themselves off while others can quit cold turkey.  Maybe knowing that you're doing this not just for yourself but for your baby as well will help you quit.

midnightstar21
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM

bump good luck!

jojo_star
by Jo on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Do not stop cold turkey, that can be more dangerous to the baby than you continuing to smoke, just cut back slowly. 

lil-mami
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Thanx ladies, it feels really great to know I have so much advice and support. I tried cold Turkey, not really did a good job..I was very irritated... I'm trying to do cut back each day starting at 5
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)