Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Should I be worried?

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:45 AM
  • 15 Replies

My little girl Paisley will be 2 months old the 13th of this month and I'm starting to get concerned. Its come to my attention over the past few weeks that Paisley shakes and twitches A LOT. On her visit with her doctor for her first check-up he said that for now she looks okay, but he warned me to keep my eyes on her and make sure it doesn't get worse. As far as I'm concerned, its got way worse lately and I don't know what to do. Her doctor told me if I got too worrysome he would send her to a Pediatric Neurologist for an EEG to double-check thats shes okay, but I don't want to put her through all that if its nothing! The main reason I'm concerned is because her dads family has a history of epilepsy. Its so bad her grandpa died when her dad was only like 6. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Her and her sister are my baby girls. I call her my bunker butt and my oldest my chunkin. :) I would be devestated if something was wrong with her...

by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SabrinaLC
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:40 AM

If you are worried, which it sounds like you are, then maybe you should have the testing done.

If it turns out to be nothing, then at least it will put you more at ease.

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Get the test done if you are worried. Its better to be safe than sorry
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Better safe then sorry! The test won't be that bad. She won't like the wires they stick on her but epilepsy is very serious!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM

better safe then sorry. I would go.

allonapaisley
by on May. 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Thanks everybody! I'm calling her doctor tomorrow to make her an appointment! Wish us luck :/

Tsmommy106
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I would get the test done. Especailly with epilepsy running in her dads family. Dr don't usually do completely unneccesary tests just to calm a nervous mom. Make sure there is nothing wrong with your baby.

CafeMom Tickers

allonapaisley
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Yea I talked to her dad about it earlier today and he said he wants it done because he is a carrier or something? I don't know what that means but were making the appointment tomorrow.

Quoting Tsmommy106:

I would get the test done. Especailly with epilepsy running in her dads family. Dr don't usually do completely unneccesary tests just to calm a nervous mom. Make sure there is nothing wrong with your baby.

shilohsmommy215
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Beautiful baby! I'd get the tests done so if something is wrong which I pray there isn't at least you'd know what to do
paramore-marie
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Better to be safe than sorry and catch it at an early stage. Just remember though, even if it turns out she does have something wrong, she's still your little girl and it changes nothing about her or her personality.. It takes an extra strong mom to take care of a LO with disabilities.
allonapaisley
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Thanks! And yea I hope its nothing but if it is I'll be ready. :)

Quoting shilohsmommy215:

Beautiful baby! I'd get the tests done so if something is wrong which I pray there isn't at least you'd know what to do

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)