Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I need to tell my dad

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM
  • 18 Replies

I need to tell my dad about me being pregnant, I've told everyone else but him and I'm 6 in a half months. Its sad that my whole family knows except him, and they've known for awhile. My dad doesnt live with me, and my parents are divorced. I rarely see or talk to my dad. I feel so guilty about not telling him for so long! I'm a few months away from having my babygirl and he doesnt even know. The reason I havent is because hes a nut. Hes on drugs and drinks and has been since before my parents broke up. Hes so over dramatic and freaks out over things I'm so afraid of what hes going to do. He might freak out and drive somewhere, or try and like kick my boyfriends ass. Plus its going to take him awhile to calm down, like a few days to a week. And I just dont have time to deal with that. I dont want to get stressed out about him or put off school and my other things to deal with him I have no time for that. 

by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shaketa123
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I'm sorry that your dad is that way but Congrats on your pregnancy keep us updated but I think it would be better to just call him on the phone and tell him you don't need stress on you while your pregnant..Goodluck moma and when are you due?

cloudysmama
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM

August 13

its a girlstork

jojo_star
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Write him a letter if you don't want to tell him in person. It is your life, if he isn't good for you, cut him out. You have a responsibility to your baby to provide it with the best life possible. 

Shaketa123
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Awww she will be born 2days after my b-day keep us posted xD

Quoting cloudysmama:

August 13

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I didn't tell my Dad when I got pregnant with my third and he's 19 months. My dad was on drugs and he recently got clean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teenMom4life08
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Aww ur due dates my daughters birthday aww
Ayshren
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Just dont tell him. If he isnt really a part of your life much and he acts like that, Id just leave things the way they are.

emilyelephant
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM

I'm pretty sure someone else told my dad. My ex's sister's best friend is my dad's ex's daughter (lol yup one of those annoying things...)

I don't think I would involve someone like that in mine and my child's life, whether he's family or not. Maybe if he realizes you didn't tell him because he does drugs and is an alcoholic, he'll realize he needs to make some changes. On the other hand, him freaking out now would probably be better than him freaking out around a newborn...:/ tough one...good luck! *hugs*

TaralynnStewart
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM
I agree. If telling him is going to cause more stress then what its worth I wouldn't bother. If he gets offended and mad because you didn't tell him explain the reason and maybe it will give him a wake up call to get clean.

Quoting Ayshren:

Just dont tell him. If he isnt really a part of your life much and he acts like that, Id just leave things the way they are.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Don't tell him then.

At least wait until you feel more comfortable with the idea of him knowing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)