Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Did you find new love after you had a baby?

If the father of your child and you broke up, did you ever find love again? Do you have a diffrent boyfriend/husband/fiance? Do they accept you for you, and your scars from pregnancy? Do they accept your kids as well?

I am 16 and 38 weeks pregnant and recently single.. Or at least on a break from the father. I'm not looking for a relationship right now, or even for a while but I don't want to be single forever.. I want to know that some guys don't care if you have kids..

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Replies (11-20):
JCSmommy2
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I often worry about this but I know so many people that find love and have one or multiple children. It depends on the man and the situation. I agree with what someone said about young guys, it will be very hard in your teens to find a guy that will accept your child. My advice youre so young and have the rest of your life ahead of you. Its hard on a relationship when you have a child so young, but dont give up hope that it will work out for you. Hopefully you and your child's father could work it out. Guys, esecially young ones take awhile to really understand the responsibility of being a father. Focus on you and your baby right now and know that one day when youre ready, there will be someone else for you, if it does not work out with your so. I know its hard especially bc youre pregnant, but whatever is meant to be will happen. He will always be in your life and maybe it will be able to work out for you two. I wish you the best and good luck with your baby. If you need anything you could always pm me.
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:30 PM
the single life is a good life. I've been single since February 08 when I was 5 1/2 mos pregnant w my little man, no dates and I'm doing just fine. sometimes I want a man. other times I'm not interested in babysitting a grown man for his mommy.

Quoting Lillysmommy0113:

ive been single since i was 15 weeks pregnant. theres been a lot of guy trying to get in my life but the second i tell them i was pregnant they all stop talking to me or said they couldnt be in a relationship with me because of it. im not looking for a guy never have never will. it a guy is meant to be in my life it will happen on its own. im not bitter about it or anything. i just dont see it happening and gave up hope. no use handling on the something that wont happen for a long time.

Quoting jojo_star:

If can't be that long ago if your DD is only four months. It won't happen overnight, and I'm not saying to spend all your time looking, but I felt the same way. I doubted I'd ever find a man who was worthy of being a father to my son, a man who could accept him, or accept me and my scars, for that matter, or if I'd ever even be able to have a normal relationship with a man. And when I wasn't even thinking about it, when I was focused on nothing but my son and school, I met my husband. Just don't make yourself bitter, because that won't do you, or your daughter, any favors. 

Quoting Lillysmommy0113:

i gave up hope a LONG time ago.

Quoting jojo_star:

Some men can accept another man's child, my dh does. It's true many don't, but don't give up hope.

Quoting Lillysmommy0113:

not yet. my dd is 4 months and i sure and the heck dont want a guy in her life right now if hes not gonna be in it for life. the only guy she knows is her father and my brothers. thats how its gonna be for a very long time, because i dont think any guy will be able to accept the fact that i have a kid with a different guy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM

You are just a kid, and so are they. Boys mature much slower than girls. Once you get a bit older, and the guys you meet get older and more mature, things will look up. 

Quoting Lillysmommy0113:

im 17 and the guys i talk to are 19-24.

Quoting jojo_star:

Pregnancy, I've learned, is  a whole different ball game for most guys than just a baby or child. Also, how old are you, and how old are those guys you are talking about? 

Quoting Lillysmommy0113:

ive been single since i was 15 weeks pregnant. theres been a lot of guy trying to get in my life but the second i tell them i was pregnant they all stop talking to me or said they couldnt be in a relationship with me because of it. im not looking for a guy never have never will. it a guy is meant to be in my life it will happen on its own. im not bitter about it or anything. i just dont see it happening and gave up hope. no use handling on the something that wont happen for a long time.

Quoting jojo_star:

If can't be that long ago if your DD is only four months. It won't happen overnight, and I'm not saying to spend all your time looking, but I felt the same way. I doubted I'd ever find a man who was worthy of being a father to my son, a man who could accept him, or accept me and my scars, for that matter, or if I'd ever even be able to have a normal relationship with a man. And when I wasn't even thinking about it, when I was focused on nothing but my son and school, I met my husband. Just don't make yourself bitter, because that won't do you, or your daughter, any favors. 

Quoting Lillysmommy0113:

Quoting jojo_star:

Some men can accept another man's child, my dh does. It's true many don't, but don't give up hope.

Quoting Lillysmommy0113:

not yet. my dd is 4 months and i sure and the heck dont want a guy in her life right now if hes not gonna be in it for life. the only guy she knows is her father and my brothers. thats how its gonna be for a very long time, because i dont think any guy will be able to accept the fact that i have a kid with a different guy.

Lillysmommy0113
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

thats how i feel!!

Quoting Jenn8604:

the single life is a good life. I've been single since February 08 when I was 5 1/2 mos pregnant w my little man, no dates and I'm doing just fine. sometimes I want a man. other times I'm not interested in babysitting a grown man for his mommy.

Quoting Lillysmommy0113:

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting Lillysmommy0113:

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting Lillysmommy0113:

GabriellaKate
by Gabriella on May. 5, 2013 at 7:39 AM

I am engaged and my fiance is not my son's father. He loves him as his own and is raising him as his own.

I was raped at the age of 14 and as a result, had my son. The piece of crap who did it was jailed and has no rights to my son and has never had rights to him. He is not worthy of the air he breathes IMO.

karsynsmommy313
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I was 17 and I was sleeping around when I got pregnant with my daughter, it wasn't unusual for me to have sex with multiple guys in a week. I'm surprised I didn't end up pregnant sooner, to be honest.

Anyways, I don't know who DD's bio father is, but her daddy is upstairs sleeping.
I met him when she was 5 months old, I was terrified of allowing a man to become a part of my daughters life and then things not work out.
I think it's every single mothers biggest fear.
New relationships are scary.

I took a chance and I am so glad I did. SO changed me, this is the first relationship that I have been 200% committed to from day one.
We are living together now and expecting our own child in November.
He accepted me and my daughter just the way we are. He is the best daddy to my little princess and she loves him so much.

He plans to adopt her after we get married, we aren't engaged yet and we really aren't rushing things.
But it will happen someday.. :)

There's hope for everyone, I wouldn't give up on finding love. Mr. Right is out there, right for you and right for your kids.

(btw, there's a pretty significant age gap between SO and I. I'm 19 and he's 29, he was ready to settle down and start a family)..
shaylas3
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM
my babys dad and I broke up when I was 7 week pregnant. I have been with my boyfriend now since my son was born. he is great with my baby and my two older ones. and no a real man does not care about ur scars. and in a year or two they will be so faded. keep ur head up things will get better I promise I have been there. I had my first baby at 17 2nd at 19 3rd at 22.I am 23 now. fyi my bf is 38 and has kids of his own.maybe that's y he is so accepting.But my mom had 4 kids and we were lets say challenging lol and her and my stepdad have been together 12 YRS.
aniters
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww :)
Learn from this mom. Your baby is your priority. You can worry about guys later.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Haven't been on a date since I had my little man almost 5 years ago. But my life is full with him. He is my new love :)

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww thank you!!!

Quoting aniters:

Aww :)

Learn from this mom. Your baby is your priority. You can worry about guys later.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Haven't been on a date since I had my little man almost 5 years ago. But my life is full with him. He is my new love :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginabeana92
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Yep! I met my amazing fiance' at work. My daughter calls him dad. Her biological one was an A-hole. Real men will take the whole package.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN