Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Serious note!!

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 13 Replies

What do you think about this Im due in 3 days right ok So what do you think about the fact I haven't bought anything really for her yet Ive bought her maybe 2 outfits and a cute thing of socks. I have money saved though. 

I have yet to tell people I am pregnant other then my dad but he promised to keep it hush hush on the down low. I haven't hung out with my friends for a few months. So thats how i've manged to keep it a secret for so long. 

Think it's good not to tell anyone? Or will it likely back fire?

by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shaketa123
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Honestly, I think you should tell it want bacfire but some might get mad b/c you haven't told them and that your due in 3days

PeppyInPink
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM

It will backfire. People will be so offended, upset and appalled that you didn't tell them!! I didn't tell my cousin simply becaue I just haden't talked to her and she was very offended. I agree, most are going to be shocked that your due in 3 days and didn't tell them. My cousin said she didn't know she was pregnant but we all think she knew and didn't tell anyone, including her parent...she didn't show and supposeably only gained 5 lbs...which is all he weighted.. had nothing for him and it was a struggle. I suggest, go shopping now..walmart is open 24/7 and babies rus opens at 10am..and get things you CANNOT leave the hospital without a careseat... you can't survive a day with a baby with two outfits & socks, no diapers, wipes, burp towels, crib or pack n' play? You need to prepare...unless you are giving her up for adoption (not saying this to offend you)but it' the truth.. all moms have to prepare to bring a baby home. It is not something you just do, woohoo, it's done, this is serious, this is a baby, a person, who needs things.  Most people take months you have a day or two...  this baby is coming wether you are ready or not!

jojo_star
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:50 PM
3 moms liked this

Wow, you must be pretty small to be able to hide it when you are due in only 3 days. I do find it sad though, sad for the baby. No one knows about her, and every baby should be celebrated. I also feel sorry for you, that you obviously feel so bad about this that you need to hide it. I think it's not just bad for you and bad for your baby, but yes, it will backfire. Any friends you may have will probably not trust you, and be very hurt that you didn't tell them, and I just hope it never gets back to your child that you are so ashamed, guilty, upset, whatever, that you didn't share her arrival with anyone. 

Also, you won't be able to take the baby home without a carseat. Babies need wipes, diapers, and blankets. She can sleep with you, but you don't sound like someone I would trust to bedshare, unless you've done your research and know how to do that safely. Two outfits for a baby? You clearly have no experience with babies. Hiding your pregnancy means you also haven't gone to WIC for assistance if you need it, and you haven't taken any prenatal classes or breastfeeding classes. You sound very immature and uneducated about childcare. I hope you grow up fast and get your shit together before that baby comes!

Samromeo
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I get what your saying I planned on using my sons crib for her he's 2 and never uses it I have his nice tub still and pac n play swing set. On the formula and diapers I was just planning on waiting until after she was born to get those item's. With my first 3 boys I was constantly I need this and this and it never ended still hasn't lol. But, since she's my first girl I wanted to do things a bit differently cause You know how you feel you have to spend everything you have all the time then incase of emergency your out of formula n diapers i dont want to have to ask anyone to help me on those.

I do feel i'll need more onsies though.. 

It's just i've gone this long with out telling anyone I don't know it could be a 50/50 deal though people might be stoked especially cause then they wont have to wait long :) 

Samromeo
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I think your rude and should have asked more questions before just jumping to conclusions you arrogant fuck. I have kids plenty of parenting  Your post will be ignored just for future reference.

PeppyInPink
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Maybe you should have added more details.. like I have kids, this isn't my first, I things for her. Your post sounds like you have two outfits and socks when someone who doesn't know you reads it.  

jojo_star
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I responded to what you wrote, and it sounds like just another mom with no idea what kids need, and no preparation for said child. If you have kids, then you should know what kids need, and that if you have things from the other kids, you don't need more outfits. 

I stand by what I said about not sharing the news of a new baby. 

And you may have 'plenty of parenting', but clearly the maturity to communicate like a sane adult, and the grasp of grammar is not 'plenty'.

Quoting Samromeo:

I think your rude and should have asked more questions before just jumping to conclusions you arrogant fuck. I have kids plenty of parenting  Your post will be ignored just for future reference.

Samromeo
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Troll off the page 

cemcnair
by Courtney on May. 6, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
?? Who do you think the troll is? Everyone who responded tried to respond to the info you provided. You did not share that you had other kids and hand me down items from them...

I don't think you have to announce if you don't want to do so, but it is kind of sad. I'm sure your friends would like to have celebrated your first daughter's arrival!

Quoting Samromeo:

Troll off the page 

sunshine86912
by Dawn on May. 6, 2013 at 4:04 AM

oh gosh...i would start telling people right now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)