Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I think it's time D:

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ever since my DD was born I haven't put her in her yet I'm to scared so far she has been sleeping with me or in her bassinet and she is 3months old.... So should I try the crib now? or is there another way I can do it?

by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jojo_star
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM

You can keep her sleeping with you, if you want. My son slept with me until he was 5. Or, you can try her in the crib, if you want. 

Shaketa123
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Thank you!! I needed to know was it still ohk for her to sleep in the bed me

Quoting jojo_star:

You can keep her sleeping with you, if you want. My son slept with me until he was 5. Or, you can try her in the crib, if you want. 

jojo_star
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Of course it is fine! Just be safe about it, and there is no reason she shouldn't, and a lot of reasons she should, sleep in bed with you. It actually helps babies regulate their breathing to bed share, so it's a precaution against SIDs, as long as, again, you do it safely. 

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting jojo_star:

Shaketa123
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I make sure that when she is sleeping with me that I don't smother 

Quoting jojo_star:

Of course it is fine! Just be safe about it, and there is no reason she shouldn't, and a lot of reasons she should, sleep in bed with you. It actually helps babies regulate their breathing to bed share, so it's a precaution against SIDs, as long as, again, you do it safely. 

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting jojo_star:

cemcnair
by Courtney on May. 6, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I wouldn't move her from your room until she is at least 1. Ds1 was 20 months before we even attempted his own room, 2 years before we made it routine, and now at 2 1/2, he sleeps most nights in his room (but knows he can always come to ours).
Ds2 (6 weeks) is in my bed and will be for a long time.
As JoJo said, it's actually safer to at least co sleep (in the same room), and even better to SAFELY bed share.
britmichele
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Ehh my 4 year old still mostly sleeps with me. Only you know what is best
SabrinaLC
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:52 AM

You do what works for you.

Honestly, I barely sleep when I have a child in my bed so a crib/cradle always worked best for me.

If you want to transition her to a crib then start with naps in the crib for now.

Shaketa123
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm starting slow with putting her in the cribs so for right now I am only putting her in the crib just for naps

Quoting SabrinaLC:

You do what works for you.

Honestly, I barely sleep when I have a child in my bed so a crib/cradle always worked best for me.

If you want to transition her to a crib then start with naps in the crib for now.

Lillysmommy0113
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM

i bed share if she gets up at night since i dont like her just laying in bed without me. she sleeps in her rock n play till she wakes up at 2/3 a.m. then in bed with me. she also naps in her rock n play. she will bed share till 1 or older. but do whats you think is best for your baby. every baby is different but the moms knows what works for their own baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)