Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Is marriage for everyone?!?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM
  • 14 Replies

I wonder sometimes why some get married hopefully I will oneday but not right now well today my classmate was looking sad and depressed I talk and asked what's wrong she told me that her parents were forcing her to get married b/c they want grandchildren and that had me thinking...Is marriage for everyone?

by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Marriage is NOT for everyone. Your parents friends are wrong for trying to force her, but your friend is even more wrong by allowing it, no one can force someone to get married, and you do not have to be married to have children. That being said, I married my husband because I love him. It is as simple as that. That is why he proposed, and that is why I said yes. But to answer your title, no, marriage is not for everyone.

mama2my2boys
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
hell no and u dont have to be married to have kids i dont believe in a bastard child just because the parents arent married....me and my sig other have 3kids together and have lived under the same roof for 11 years and come july 13th will make 13years.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaketa123
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I told her to tell her mom that she doesn't want to marry him she told me no b/c that will break her heart

SabrinaLC
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

It may not be for everyone.  Forced marriage isn't for ANYONE!

cemcnair
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree! It is not a good situation to be forced to marry (or have children).

Quoting SabrinaLC:

It may not be for everyone.  Forced marriage isn't for ANYONE!

cemcnair
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
My little sister will probably never get married or have kids. It's just not what she wants and that's ok. If she changes her mind later, that's ok too.
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I LOVE being married and a mom, but i wasn't forced into it. We WANTED to marry and have kids. I don't think they should force her to get married because they want grandchildren. That is SO selfish of them!
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

No, of course not.

ara-myangel
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't agree with forced marriage. Your friend will be miserable and a baby will not make it any better.
Also, I am married and know people who are perfectly fine without marriage and they are middle aged. It really depends on how the individual takes monogamy into consideration. It differs for everyone.
Marriage is hard and I mean HARD work. Cliché as it may sound, it requires full effort, energy, faithfulness, honesty, and communication. But then again so does any serious relationship.
michlovestochat
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

absolutely not.... no one should get married unless they find the right guy to get married with. if she really loved the guy the of course she should get married. but, since she dosent love him and she is old enough to get married she should know thats shes also old enough to make her own decisions and NOT get married! i hope this helps and let her know what i said!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN