Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

If you're expecting a little girl...

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM
  • 10 Replies
I am currently 9 months pregnant. My fiancé and I were lucky enough to have three baby showers thrown by different sides of our families. Overkill much? The thought behind it was amazing, and obviously it meant a lot to us. However, we have WAY more than we are going to need. I don't have gift receipts to return anything, and frankly I would rather donate it.

So here's where I'm going with this. I have seen a lot of struggling young moms on this website, not just single moms, but families who have fell under hard times. It breaks my heart.

What I really want to do, is help a few of you out. If you're expecting a baby, or have a newborn at home, tell me your story. Everything I have is for a baby girl. I have extra of everything from clothes and swaddling blankets, to hooded towels and bottles. I want to pick a few people who really need the extra help, or if you know someone who does, let me know!

PLEASE be honest. I know free stuff is always nice but I really want this to go to someone who really needs it.
by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:12 PM
That's so awesome of you!
Lillysmommy0113
by on May. 18, 2013 at 2:55 PM

thats amazing! 

i know a girl thats is pregnant and doesnt have anything for her little girl the father left her after he found out she was pregnant and her family doesnt care about her or her little girl. its sad ive tried to help her out but i dont have that much to give since i have a 4.5 month old to take care of.

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 3:01 PM
That is very kind and thoughtful of you!
ittyprincess604
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM

this is probably one of the most amazing things Ive ever seen on this site. Thats so thoughtful of you!

sunshine86912
by Dawn on May. 20, 2013 at 8:16 AM

that is VERY thoughtful!  I just hope no one takes advantage of your kindness.  My girls are long grown haha, they are 5 and 6 now :)

kels1023
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I hope not either. But I figure, if they're lying to receive free stuff they clearly need it more than I do.

Surprisingly though, I've only received one message in regards to needing help.

Quoting sunshine86912:

that is VERY thoughtful!  I just hope no one takes advantage of your kindness.  My girls are long grown haha, they are 5 and 6 now :)

SabrinaLC
by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:34 PM

That is so nice of you.

Allebas
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I know what it is like to help someone in need! I had my DD 5 years ago. Something told me NOT to get rid of the clothes I received at my baby shower. She was my ONLY GIRL after 4 boys, so I got a TON of stuff!! A LOT of the stuff she NEVER even wore. Other stuff she only wore a few times!! A LOT of items still had the tags on them!! Anyway, a neighbor of mine has a grown DD and SIL. They are in college and had a boy then had a girl!! Well--they don't have a lot of money due to the cost of college. My neighbor asked on FB if anyone had baby girl clothes they would be willing to donate since they couldn't really afford to pay for them--even used! I contacted her and told her I had 3 large black trash bags FILLED with baby girl clothes!! She couldn't believe it!! She thanked me profusely! She packed up the clothes and took them with her on the airplane when she went to be with her DD when she had her baby!! Her daughter couldn't believe that someone who doesn't even really 'know' her, would be so kind and generous.

I believe in good karma! You do something good for someone without expecting anything in return, and the good karma will come around!! :)

You are very sweet to offer the clothes OP!!! :) Best wishes to you with your new precious baby GIRL!! They are SOOOO MUCH FUN to dress up, and do their hair etc!!!! :)

sunshine86912
by Dawn on May. 21, 2013 at 3:32 AM

maybe the girl who  made the baby shower post?  she seemed like she needed some things?  but i dont know

AmandaN1
by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Absolutely sweet of you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN