Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sending my child away

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM
  • 8 Replies
My child's father and I separated while I was pregnant. During this time I was living in Alabama. When we officially split I was seven months pregnant and moved back to Chicago because he kicked me out. She was born in Virginia but after I had her we moved back to Chicago. Her father has seen her maybe three times since she was born because he lives in Alabama. He has gotten her for a week during new years , a week during the week of Easter , and he is on his way to get her now. He will be getting her and taking her to Atlanta because I am going back to school in Alabama and his parents will have her while I'm in school.
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cemcnair
by Courtney on May. 18, 2013 at 12:07 PM
How do you feel about it?
KAP4198
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:52 PM

How long is that for?! Are you ready for that? 

I wouldn't be ok with that at all.  I'm lost without my kids. 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 3:37 PM

How old is your child?  Personally, i don't think I could stand to be without mine for a longer time like that.

AutymsMommy
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Are you aware that they could "call it" abandonment and file for permanent custody while you are out of state?

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

JoquinsMommie
by on May. 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM

OMG is all I can say hun 

Heres a BUMP!

Rosie42113
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:23 PM

i dont know how you could do that. i would never be able to be away from my baby... atleast you're going to school. personally i thought i would of arranged someway for me to be in school and with my daughter

sunshine86912
by Dawn on May. 20, 2013 at 4:11 AM

yikes..I wouldnt be able to do it..leave her with MY parents..sure..but his?  no way..

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on May. 20, 2013 at 1:48 PM

That sounds like a tough situation.

Are you okay with it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)