Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single moms!

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:33 PM
  • 5 Replies
How do you afford to support your kids? Are any of you divorced? Just looking for some advice/support.
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Shaketa123
by on May. 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I'm still in college but on break until September but I work to support my child and sometimes my mom helps me out and since her dad is leaving with us he really helps

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I'm divorced and work full time.  I also receive child support and spousal support (for the rest of this year).

samantha.kreuze
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I don't get child support but since I don't make a lot of money I have won and my son has to be on Medicaid until I go full time. I work as a temp right now. When I first forensic I was embarrassed but it's what I had to do to feed my son because he can only have soy enfamil or he gets really sick. It's not a bad thing to ask for help where you need it.

sunshine86912
by Dawn on May. 20, 2013 at 4:10 AM

when I was a single mom I had assistance with affording childcare, worked 3 jobs and went to school.  I tried to get food stamps but I had too much in savings (limit was 2,000,  I had 2,500 because I had saved up extra money to be able to afford to take a month off or atleast two weeks off when I had my daughter) and I just never went back, just wasnt worth all the hassle to me.  It took 9 months to get child support

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on May. 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I'm not single but wanted to bump this post so the single ladies could share more advice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)