Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting married and having a baby in 6 months, does this sound tacky??

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:48 PM
  • 15 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm pregnant with #2 due in Nov, and df and I are getting married in july. When discussing the registery, we realized there isnt much we need in regaurds to home needs. We have a 6 yr old ds, that we still have some items from, but we still need much more, if this one is a girl, we might need a bit more. Would it be tacky to register for both, the small home items we need, plus baby stuff for our wedding registery??? I don't want to have a baby shower and a wedding, it would be way too much in such a small amount of time. Nothing we have discussed is expensive in any way, just like, Picture frames, new silverwear, and diapers, wipes, creams and soaps.... 

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
feliciasmith
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Kind of in my opinion, but I was always raised with the notion of having a baby shower for a second child is tacky :/ sorry Im not help
mama_pink_tink
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I kind of agree with you there. But with my future mil, she would make sure i had a second shower, especially if this one is a girl. 

Quoting feliciasmith:

Kind of in my opinion, but I was always raised with the notion of having a baby shower for a second child is tacky :/ sorry Im not help

CafeMom Tickers

sunshine86912
by Dawn on May. 20, 2013 at 4:04 AM

I would have a second shower...is only "tacky" if you are having the same sex child..so if this one was a boy..then it would be "tacky" but since its a girl..but really every baby should be celebrated and thats what a baby shower is! :)  but I would register for each seperatly

lovinmy3girlies
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:35 AM
It depends on your guests really:. My fam wouldn't mind either way. I would prob register together. I don't think it's tacky either way:) good luck!
mama_pink_tink
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Thanks for your input. My wedding is very small and its mainly family and close friends. I watched an old friend get so greedy when she was pregnant and getting married, she had to have every shower and have to add to her wedding registery after all each party. It felt so moochy....

Quoting lovinmy3girlies:

It depends on your guests really:. My fam wouldn't mind either way. I would prob register together. I don't think it's tacky either way:) good luck!
SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on May. 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM

You should have a baby shower.  All babies deserve to be welcomed in a special way.

I didn't have a shower with my second but with my first and third.  I regret it.  

mama_pink_tink
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:55 PM
I would defiantly like to celebrate my baby, but another shower seems like sooo much to ask. I'll make that decision once I find out the gender

Quoting SabrinaLC:

You should have a baby shower.  All babies deserve to be welcomed in a special way.

I didn't have a shower with my second but with my first and third.  I regret it.  

eb9411
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 4:31 PM

No wayy! I'm due in January with my first and getting married in the beginning of August and I plan on doing retty much the same thing. Congrats on baby #2 and your upcoming marriage!

Allebas
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I have friends who've had the same sex child have a friend/relative throw a baby shower for each baby and I don't find it 'tacky' at all! None of my friends find it tacky either.

Quoting sunshine86912:

I would have a second shower...is only "tacky" if you are having the same sex child..so if this one was a boy..then it would be "tacky" but since its a girl..but really every baby should be celebrated and thats what a baby shower is! :)  but I would register for each seperatly

mama_pink_tink
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Thats where i think im in trouble. Sometimes, someone wants to throw you one, even makes it a surprise.....

Quoting Allebas:

I have friends who've had the same sex child have a friend/relative throw a baby shower for each baby and I don't find it 'tacky' at all! None of my friends find it tacky either.

Quoting sunshine86912:

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)