Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Getting married and having a baby in 6 months, does this sound tacky??

I'm pregnant with #2 due in Nov, and df and I are getting married in july. When discussing the registery, we realized there isnt much we need in regaurds to home needs. We have a 6 yr old ds, that we still have some items from, but we still need much more, if this one is a girl, we might need a bit more. Would it be tacky to register for both, the small home items we need, plus baby stuff for our wedding registery??? I don't want to have a baby shower and a wedding, it would be way too much in such a small amount of time. Nothing we have discussed is expensive in any way, just like, Picture frames, new silverwear, and diapers, wipes, creams and soaps.... 

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Replies (11-15):
Allebas
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:55 PM

YEP!! I had a friend who wanted to throw me a 'surprise' baby shower, but I found out about it before-hand! OOPS!! I acted 'surprised' though! ROFL! ROFL!!

Quoting mama_pink_tink:

Thats where i think im in trouble. Sometimes, someone wants to throw you one, even makes it a surprise.....

Quoting Allebas:

I have friends who've had the same sex child have a friend/relative throw a baby shower for each baby and I don't find it 'tacky' at all! None of my friends find it tacky either.

Quoting sunshine86912:

I would have a second shower...is only "tacky" if you are having the same sex child..so if this one was a boy..then it would be "tacky" but since its a girl..but really every baby should be celebrated and thats what a baby shower is! :)  but I would register for each seperatly

sunshine86912
by Dawn on May. 21, 2013 at 3:00 AM

i dont find it tacky..i prolly should have added that lol.  just know that is what I have heard. i had a shower for my second..and they were both girls and only 13 months apart...the second's shower was really for diapers/wipes as I needed NO clothes or baby stuff..and to celebrate new baby!  but I have heard others say its not so cute to have showers for same sex kiddos lol

Quoting Allebas:

I have friends who've had the same sex child have a friend/relative throw a baby shower for each baby and I don't find it 'tacky' at all! None of my friends find it tacky either.

Quoting sunshine86912:

I would have a second shower...is only "tacky" if you are having the same sex child..so if this one was a boy..then it would be "tacky" but since its a girl..but really every baby should be celebrated and thats what a baby shower is! :)  but I would register for each seperatly

AmandaN1
by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I wouldn't personally. I'd just say if none of this, gift cards. Then you can use for whatever you want.  Most people bring gifts when they see baby for the first time lol

Allebas
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Oh my bad--I misunderstood your original comment. :)  Ya--I've known plenty of gals who had the same sex with baby #1 and #2 and they would put on the baby shower invites "Please bring various sizes of disposable diapers, baby wipes and diaper rash ointment!! We have more than enough baby clothes! Thanks!" I didn't think there was anything wrong with wording it like that. They were basically letting you know they needed diapers, wipes and ointment a lot more than baby clothes.

I also have a friend who with her first baby, she got a TON of clothes, stroller, carseat, crib, etc from her cousin who had a couple of kids and was DONE!! She had on her invitations that this was a "Meet and greet the baby party!" NO PRESENTS PLEASE!! We have everything we need and then some!!! LOL!! LOL!! It was a fun party with food! I love having the party after the baby is born so everyone gets to "OOOOH!! and AHHHHH" over the baby!!

Quoting sunshine86912:

i dont find it tacky..i prolly should have added that lol.  just know that is what I have heard. i had a shower for my second..and they were both girls and only 13 months apart...the second's shower was really for diapers/wipes as I needed NO clothes or baby stuff..and to celebrate new baby!  but I have heard others say its not so cute to have showers for same sex kiddos lol

Quoting Allebas:

Quoting sunshine86912:

sunshine86912
by Dawn on May. 22, 2013 at 3:42 AM

nah, the way I typed it made it sound like I felt that way LOL, so I just wanted to clarify haha.  :)  I dont really see anything wrong with it..NOW if you are having baby after baby and each time wanting NEW stuff for NEW same sex baby..(and its babies super close together) then i could see where it would be annoying LOL

Quoting Allebas:

Oh my bad--I misunderstood your original comment. :)  Ya--I've known plenty of gals who had the same sex with baby #1 and #2 and they would put on the baby shower invites "Please bring various sizes of disposable diapers, baby wipes and diaper rash ointment!! We have more than enough baby clothes! Thanks!" I didn't think there was anything wrong with wording it like that. They were basically letting you know they needed diapers, wipes and ointment a lot more than baby clothes.

I also have a friend who with her first baby, she got a TON of clothes, stroller, carseat, crib, etc from her cousin who had a couple of kids and was DONE!! She had on her invitations that this was a "Meet and greet the baby party!" NO PRESENTS PLEASE!! We have everything we need and then some!!! LOL!! LOL!! It was a fun party with food! I love having the party after the baby is born so everyone gets to "OOOOH!! and AHHHHH" over the baby!!

Quoting sunshine86912:

Quoting Allebas:

Quoting sunshine86912:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN