Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

opinions please :)

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM
  • 8 Replies

my almost 8 month old still has no teeth.

she has been teething since she was 2 months old.

like many babys at her age, she is eating baby foods (stage 2)

is there anything else that she can start eating without teeth?

---> ive seen the yogurt made for her age but it contains whole milk and she is still on formula so i was kinda worried about trying it.

- LilMamaBowers<3

by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Cafe AmyS
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM

My daughter didn't have teeth until she was just over a year old, and she ate pretty well.... she ate cooked pasta, crackers (they gum them), fruits, veggies (and she didn't care for the baby food ones, so we just cut them very small), etc.

lilmamabowers
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:43 PM

thanks.

this helps a lot.

i know it is best if you start to feed them a little bit of table foods here and there because a little over a year thats what they will be eating.

how did you introduce new (whole) foods to her?

emilyelephant
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Meatloaf, Shredded cheese, Cottage Cheese, Rice, Pancakes, French toast,Tortilla, Oatmeal, Muffins, Peaches, Watermelon, Banana, Avocado, Potato, Sweet Potato, Applesauce, Pears, Peas, Cooked Diced Apples, Cooked Diced Carrots, Cooked Diced Celery, Mashed Potato, Mashed, Sweet Potato, Cooked Broccoli (stems usually), Cooked Cauliflower Strawberries, Spinach, Baby Mum Mums and Gerber puffs

We usually let her try what we're eating, she's 8 month old and does well with all the things listed above. She has her 2 bottom teeth but they don't really make a difference. I've read that Gerber puffs are the best to start with because the baby is able to realize that there is something solid in her mouth, so she doesn't just try to swallow it like a liquid,  but quickly "melts" to a consistency that's easily manipulated to be swallowed.

lilmamabowers
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:56 PM

thanks a whole bunch.

im one of those first time moms that freaks about everything.

she does really well with her baby food but it seems like she isnt satisfied with it anymore.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Anything soft. Meats, cooked veggies, soft fruits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I know what you mean, but really she can eat just about anything now, as long as it's soft so that she can gum it.

Quoting lilmamabowers:

thanks a whole bunch.

im one of those first time moms that freaks about everything.

she does really well with her baby food but it seems like she isnt satisfied with it anymore.

lilmamabowers
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:59 PM

thanks everyone.

I guess Im a worry wart.

I just want everything to be perfect :)

SabrinaLC
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM

My oldest didn't get teeth until he was almost 18 months old.  He ate lots of things.

At 8 months old she'll be fine with just baby food.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)