Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 Ways to Wear Blue Makeup & Look Drop Dead Gorgeous (PHOTOS)

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 2 Replies

6 Ways to Wear Blue Makeup & Look Drop Dead Gorgeous (PHOTOS)

by Nicole Fabian-Weber

selena gomezIn case you haven't heard, blue makeup is all the rage these days. Cool blues, dark blues, shimmery blues. It's hot! Or cool! I don't know! But I do know you should invest in some blue makeup this summer, because there's a shade for everyone and it can be an incredibly beautiful, uniquely fun look.

Check out these 6 gorgeous blue makeup items and tips on how to wear them. Go on. Be daring.

Image via Francois Durand/Getty

Sephora Flashy Liner in Vivid Turquoise

Turquoise liner can be gorgeous, but it looks best with a tanned complexion. Throw on some creamy bronzer, a light gloss, and smudge that blue in. You'll look refreshed and ready for a night out.

Sephora Flashy Liner in Vivid Turquoise

NARS Duo Cream Eyeshadow in Burn It Blue

If there ever was a brand that can do no wrong when it comes to cream eyeshadows, it's NARS. This gorgeous cream shadow duo is perfect for when you're looking for a bolder look. It will look softer, dewier, and less 80s than the regular shadows. But again, try to match the rest of your makeup to your eyes -- IE, go lush and dewy all over, as opposed to matte.

NARS Duo Cream Eyeshadow in Burn It Blue

Line Only the Top Lid With Blue Liner

When you're opting for blue eye liner, subtlety is your friend. Don't go crazy like you would with a black or brown liner. A simple smudge on the upper lid will suffice just fine.

(You don't want to look like a clown.)

Line Only the Top Lid With Blue Liner

Try Blue Mascara

Okay, so it's a little out there, but hey, so is blue makeup in general. No need to go crazy bright blue, like the mascara shown, but a mascara with a blue tint can actually be really pretty -- and kind of subtle.

Try Blue Mascara

Mix Blue With Black

If you want to ease yourself into the blue trend, try mixing your blue with black. It won't be so in-your-face, and hey, you're experimenting!

Mix Blue With Black

If All Else Fails, Go Navy

If you're dying to get out of a makeup rut, but feel like blue ... anything is just to much for you, buy a navy shadow or pencil that errs more on the side of gray. It may just be your gateway drug to electric blue!

If All Else Fails, Go Navy

Do you love wearing blue makeup? What's your favorite way to wear it?

by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cemcnair
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:32 PM
That's a big fat no. I look terrible in blue makeup!
SabrinaLC
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I wear blue eyeliner on occasion

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)