Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoption!!

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 22 Replies
Who has given there child up for adoption?? I'm in need of support and positive support only. I'm looking into both options of adoption and parenting. I want the best for my child and adoption might be it. Please message me. Thanks
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shaketa123
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I haven't but choose what you think is best for your child and even you make a list of Pros and Cons to keeping the baby and giving it up hope this helps

emcdaniel
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I sent you a private message. :)

cemcnair
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Best wishes on whatever you choose!
jojo_star
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I have not, but I, along with three of my siblings, are adopted. I also had a baby at a very, very young age. If you have any questions, or want to talk, feel free to message me. 

eds6619
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I haven't, but think its an excellent idea!! I hope we can adopt someday. In fact, dh and I have already talked about it......we'd just need a lot more $$.

athomeincome
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 9:13 PM

If your choice is based on a temporary situation please don't consider it as an option. It is ALWAYS best for your baby to remain with you if at all possible. With that said there are GREAT adoption resources and success story along with some terrible ones so please research and pray about every choice. One mother I knew who had given her baby up for adoption came to learn he was murdered by the adopted mom at the age of 5. Remember there are NO perfect parents for your baby. You can on the other hand find a couple who would treasure your baby. I researched adoption for years as we considered it so would be happy to answer any questions you may have on that aspect. On the other we have 5 amazing children between the ages of 2 -14. Some came at very hard times but our family bond and our faith in God along with hard work always provided beyond our needs. I would be happy to go over parenting options and ideas to make it more feasible for you to keep you baby as well. Feel free to inbox me

AussieArcana
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 2:59 AM

I didn't, and never would, but if you feel the child would grow up better in a aopted home (or, sadly though, being taking from state homes to foster homes as it gets older), than make the best decision for it.

Kellyjude1
by Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I cannot ever imagine what you are going through.  I think what is most important is for you to look into all the resources you can for keeping your baby, as I am sure you are already trying to do.  As an adoptive mom myself I have witnessed the love and the courage from my son's birthmom when she chose life and that is something I will never forget.  Please do all the research and information you can on adoption. Every adoption situation differs.  Learning from all sides of adoption is most important.  Cafemom has some adoption forums that may be helpful to you. I hope whatever decision you make it is one that you find peace..... 

ally12013
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Hey there. I haven't personally given my baby up for adoption, but my best friend recently did. She, like you, was stuck between the two options. The best thing to help with your decision is to weigh the pros and cons of both. In the end, only you can make your decision. Just know that there is no right or wrong choice with adoption, and you are no less of a mother if you should choose that. My friend feels as if she failed her baby, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Placing your baby for adoption is one of the toughest and most selfless things a mother can do, but it shows the overflowing amounts of love you have for your baby by choosing to give your child a life that you simply cannot provide. I don't know your full situation, but I do know that no matter what, you will have an unbounded amount of love and support through your journey. I pray that you find comfort in knowing that no matter what you do, it was the right choice for you. :)

Allyson

mommietwobe
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Thanks.. I keep praying that god tells me the right thing to do. I feel like if things get better for me then I can manage but its so much to do alone and nobody knows until they do it all alone. I have 6 months to let things change but I just want another option if things aren't better or get worse. It's scary to think somebody your trusting your child with that they would hurt them that's my only fear. There are so many messed up people on the world but then there are good people.

Quoting athomeincome:

If your choice is based on a temporary situation please don't consider it as an option. It is ALWAYS best for your baby to remain with you if at all possible. With that said there are GREAT adoption resources and success story along with some terrible ones so please research and pray about every choice. One mother I knew who had given her baby up for adoption came to learn he was murdered by the adopted mom at the age of 5. Remember there are NO perfect parents for your baby. You can on the other hand find a couple who would treasure your baby. I researched adoption for years as we considered it so would be happy to answer any questions you may have on that aspect. On the other we have 5 amazing children between the ages of 2 -14. Some came at very hard times but our family bond and our faith in God along with hard work always provided beyond our needs. I would be happy to go over parenting options and ideas to make it more feasible for you to keep you baby as well. Feel free to inbox me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)