Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Not sure what to think honestly..

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:27 PM
  • 15 Replies

So my baby daddy is in alot of trouble. My hole pregnancy i absolutly hated him...he made my skin crawl. Even after my baby was born i couldnt stand him But now i have a change of heart and he goes to jail in 4 months for 3+ Years I guess my question is, am i getting feelings for him again cuz he is just the father of my kid? Or maybe because he is leaving i cant figure i out within myself and i feel like im making a mistake. If i grow back all those feelings again and he just leaves Then its gonna be so hard on me. Also how do i keep my kid involved so she knows her dad while growing up or should i not have her be a part of it???? Help?

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kazmira222
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Well if he's going to jail, I wouldn't want my child around someone who's doing bad. Idk. Honestly I'd just stay away and move on cause nothing good will come of it. If he wants to be apart of his child's life, he'll straighten up and I go to jail. Maybe jail time will make him think really hard about it all. For your sake tho, I'd stay away. You deserve much better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMama316
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Well he has been on the run for 3 years and has grown as a man much more. And is turning himself in..... And thats were im torn. but thank you i might have to just look past my feelings and be strong.

SabrinaLC
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:35 PM

If he's going to jail I don't know that you should be starting a relationship with him.

He is her father though and I don't know that you should cut him out of her life totally.  Other than whatever it was that is putting him in jail, if he's a decent person and would make a good father, allow him that much.

cemcnair
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Nope. Drop that and move on. Not good for you, not good for your child.
eds6619
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Personally, I wouldn't think he sounds like a healthy person to be around for you or your daughter. 

jojo_star
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like you are better off without him in your life. Only you know why you are having feelings again, but remember, those feelings died before for a reason. 

ProudMama316
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Thank you everyone!! your guys positive vibes and support is all i need cuz this is gonna be super hard!!!! But again thank you. I just feel super stuck and unsure about it but ill take your advice

Madison_K
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends on what he is doing. I have always been a firm believer in now keeping children away from their parents unless they are in danger or could potentially be put in danger being around their mom or dad. Its possible that him going to jail will straighten him out its not immpossible I have seen it happen before, but I have also seen no change in people who come out of jail. At the end of the day though it is your choice to have feelings for him or let your daughter see him or not. But I can say that I would try to not have feeling for him rather or not he is in your daughters life.

Miss.MandyLynn
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I think its the thought of losing him that is drawing you to him.  I been there done that the boyfriend in jail thing its horrible, he gets jealous mean and you dont know who else he is talking to while locked up 

enaih
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:12 PM

move on...what can he do for you behind bars...i wouldn't want my child too see him like that but i would want her to know her father so that's a hard one...but as far as those feelings go let them go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)