Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you have "that feeling"?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 10 Replies

I was wondering how many moms just "knew" the sex of their child. Not based on heartbeat or others "tricks", just had a feeling? My family has mentioned things like it being a mothers intution. You'd have to put your "want" for a certain sex aside, so maybe mothers that don't really have a preference feel it more?

Do you believe that a mothers intuition could guess the sex? Has it happened to you?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ally12013
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I just found out I am pregnant with a boy. I had a gut feeling (even with this being my first child), that I was going to have a boy. I was indifferent as to whether I wanted a girl or boy because I had reasons for wanting both. Even though my boyfriend was more towards the boy side, I definitely could just tell. It's weird since I never knew what other moms meant when they said they just "had that feeling." But now I totally get it, and it feels even more like a boy now that I know. lol

Denisia1989
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I did. My daughter's dad had a dream telling us she was a girl. Family swore up n down I was having a boy.

CafeMom Tickers
MommyBee12808
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I had dreams where I couldn't see her have but I could clearly see the baby was a girl. That was when I was 2 months along. I had the baby's name already at 3 months and found no boy names appeling, I knew what I wanted her nursery to look like, I found dresses, bows, and other girly things. My husband wouldn't let me buy gender specific things till we knew for sure but I knew. I just knew. And the day of the ultrasound I told her it's a girl. And sure enough it was a girl. I would have been happy with a son but the feeling I felt was so overwhelming that I knew she was a girl.
kimmaylove013
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I didn't need any "tricks" I just knew its weird and I was right with all three.

midnightstar21
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I been having dreams of the gender of my baby and have a strong feeling it is a boy. And usually when i have a feeling it is right. I already have a girl so i want a boy now. I find out next week! We will see!! :-) 

Pregnant with baby number two and mother to a five yr old princess <3 <3<3

KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I had a dream with my first. The others I had no idea. I'm pregnant with #4 and just assuming it's a boy because we have 3:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshine86912
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:11 AM

yeah..and I was wrong LOL.  I was just so SURE my youngest was going to be a boy..nope..shes a girl..all the way. ah well..it was just so different lol so I thought she would be.

unspecified42
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:16 AM
I r had five babies, and the only one I had a feeling about was my second. I KNEW it was a girl. He's five now. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I knew the first two were boys

#3 just felt different, I felt so sure it was a girl.  I was super disappointed to find out it was another boy

kaybreezii
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Well, that's awesome that sometimes a mommy can just know. I always dream about my baby, and I'm three months. I just can't ever see it's face, but it's always in boy clothes! I have no preference to what I want at all. Either way, I'll be extremely happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)