Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Just because I am 19 (Rant)

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 32 Replies
3 moms liked this

I hate when people say that your only 19 and its going to be hard. I have a 3 year old step daughter. A 9 month old little boy and I just found out I am a month along with another. Yes, it may be hard but people are so rude and judgmental. My hubby and I take care of ourselves and our family. We do not depend on anyone else.. This baby was not planned but it still pisses me off that everyone judges young moms. Some of us take responsibility and are ready for kids! Does anyone else have the problem of being judged because you are so Young?

Mommy Knows Best!
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PaperStar
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I had my first at 19. It has always bothered me when people think someone doesn't know what they are doing just because they are young.
Mommy1_2012
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I know. I am very mature for my age and all our money is not from tax payer dollars. My husband and I work for it. We pay for our things and to take care of our kids. Its upsetting that the world has come to be so rude just because of some bad eggs.

Quoting PaperStar:

I had my first at 19. It has always bothered me when people think someone doesn't know what they are doing just because they are young.

Mommy Knows Best!
enaih
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:29 PM

im going through the same thing. im nineteen and a mother of a girl. the only difference i that im raising my daughter on my own. i hate when people judge me because they see im young and a single parent and I'm black. i feel as though people dont realize that even at this age i am mature and can raise a baby. but all we can do is prove people wrong and show them that we got this as young  parents.

octoberstar14
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I have heard this a million times. I first got pregnant with my daughter when I was 14 had her when i was 15, and then got pregnant again a month later and had my second baby a week and 1 day before my 16th bday. I am now 22 and i had my 3rd child when i was 21. I have been moved out of my parents house since i was 15 and have done everything on my own. I can't go to any store or even out to eat with my kids without having someone stop and ask me a million questions and say something about me being so young. I have just learned to smile and nod, because no matter what we do there will always be someone judging. Wish you the best of luck!!!

ronda.darlene
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I was 20 when I got pregnant and people gave me that "oh, you poor thing, you're life is over" look. I wasn't upset, though. I never partied or got drunk or cared much about going crazy. My fiance and I were financially and emotionally stable. We are mature. Hold your head up high, sweetie. Those kids have a great mommy and daddy and now they're going to have a wonderful little brother or sister to love. To hell with everyone else. When they comment on your age again just say that you wanted to meet your kids as soon as possible so you started earlier. More time to spend with them, I say. Good luck. and congrats on your new addition!

lilmamabowers
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:58 PM

i hear about being too young (19) all the time.

i believe people say stuff because they hear of only the bad teen parents out there and not the good.

like you, i am 19 and a mother to an almost 9 month old girl.

i stay at home while my fiancee works. we dont ask anyone for anything.

i see posts on other sites such as facebook about too many teen parents and people that are known as the students that got preg in high school. it has gotten old, ive just learnt to deal with it.

life goes on.

i have a wonderful family of my own that i am responsible for, i dont have time to worry about all the low lifes :)

emmasmama09
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I had my DD at 19 and everyone including my sister told me my life was over and that my S/O was going to leave me. Now we own our own home and are  getting married next may. just gotta hold your head high and prove them wrong.

LiLisMommy0428
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:20 AM

yes!! all the time and it annoys me because i ask no one for help.. me and my fiance do everything on our own. i feel u totally!!

Steph103
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I had my first at 15 then at 20 Now I'm about to have my 3rd and I'm 22. Older woman and men always think young people can't raise children at a young age. I never take offense to it because well they're old lol they have different parenting and thinking then young women and men. I do think sometimes they should just keep they're mouth shut for once.

sunshine86912
by Dawn on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Don't let them bother you...but I wouldn't want to be in your shoes lol. I have 2 kids, and had 2 kids before 21, I can't imagine having 3 before then lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN