Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

When will my daughter be here?!

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 6 Replies
I am currently 36w3d pregnant, my doctor said he believes I'll be due in two weeks! My last appointment Friday I was 60% effaced 1.5 cm dilated.my next appointment is Thursday so I'll find out if I'm dilated more :-) also yesterday evening lost ny mucus plug :) there was no bloody show though.anyone know when she should be here?! I'm very excited and would love to hear other moms experiences!
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tre412
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:19 PM
She'll come when she's ready. You can stay dilated at 1.5 for weeks. I think I lost my mucus plug about a week before I had my daughter. I'm pretty sure it can regenerate so that's not the best thing to go by.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:30 PM
It could be tomorrow, it could be after 40 weeks. Your mucus plug can grow back. You still have 8.5 cm to go which could take weeks. Baby needs to cook as long as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Halls0206
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Thank you for your replies, I understand she needs to be in as long as possible.I'm just excited for get to get here, also everyone believes my due date is off. I've been huge since two months, we thought I was having twins and my doctor thinks so also since I'm s twin but from New technology they said it's just one.my doctor gives me two weeks though
strawberryLVR
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM

all 3 of my kids came 2 weeks early pretty much to the day. at 36 weeks I was usually at a 3 and like 50% effaced

eeryone is different you never know.

cemcnair
by Courtney on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Just don't let your doctor try to induce you early. Let her cook. She'll come when she comes. I get and stay huge :) my boys were both 8 days past their dd. remember that due dates are an estimate and 38-42 weeks is all within normal range.
I hope your delivery is wonderful and you have a healthy baby :)

Quoting Halls0206:

Thank you for your replies, I understand she needs to be in as long as possible.I'm just excited for get to get here, also everyone believes my due date is off. I've been huge since two months, we thought I was having twins and my doctor thinks so also since I'm s twin but from New technology they said it's just one.my doctor gives me two weeks though
Randi02
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM

You're not even full term yet, and how dilated you are (or are not) means absolutely nothing.

Some women go around at 3cm for weeks, while others don't dilate at all until labour begins. Your baby will come when she's ready, and you're not 'overdue' until after 42 weeks - so you could still have a long way to go. Just relax and enjoy these last few weeks. Pregnancy is the easy part!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)