Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Vent!!!

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM
  • 12 Replies
3 moms liked this

I hate that my family sees my baby as a burden! My baby is no burden dammit! I don't care what you think, my baby hasn't ruined my life,  and she will not.. She has changed my life completely in a great way and though I am young it doesn't mean the end... I'm still attending school, I will not drop out of college I have plans and I plan on keeping them... Just because I have a baby doesn't mean I can't still attend school. Yes i know it is much harder but I am determined and your negativity does NOT help at all. Try being supportive for once and not bring me down by telling me a whole bunch of BS like what am I going to do now, ! ... ahhh END VENT

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamapotts00
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Do you live with your parents?

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I know it is hard when people are negative but just keep working towards your goals.  If you remain driven you will succeed so keep working towards those brighter days.

gee18
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM

yes, i still do, well my mom she is the only one being supportive

Quoting mamapotts00:

cemcnair
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Maybe they see it as a burden to them?
I'd be sad if my kids had babies at a young age. Maybe that's all it is?

Quoting gee18:

Quoting mamapotts00:

sunshine86912
by Dawn on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Same thought here. It's awesome that you are still in school and stuff, but it's causing more stress on them that you are at home with a baby..put yourself in their shoes..I would not be happy if my 16 year old came home and was pregnant

Quoting cemcnair:

Quoting gee18:

Quoting mamapotts00:

victoriangavin
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:48 AM

When they bitch about things tell them very calmly I understand your concern and the toll it also takes on you but I will never be able to give my child a good life without this degree I am working towards and it would be great if you would atleast emotionally support me.  This is basically what I had to tell my dad when he bitched nonstop about me finishing school right now but once I told him this and he saw my good grades he finally started supporting me on it.  And don't let them get you down! YOU have the ambition it takes to do this so don't let what anyone sayes stop you.  That is what you want your child to see.  Is that no matter how hard it is if theres a will there's a way.

gee18
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Its not even my parents who see it that way... Mostly my grandparents

Quoting cemcnair:

Quoting gee18:

Quoting mamapotts00:

gee18
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM
im not 16 though im 19, its my dads side of the family always saying things but they've always want to put me down I live with my mom but dont plan to very long and she loves my litlle,girl she encourages me .. To keep going to school

Quoting sunshine86912:

Same thought here. It's awesome that you are still in school and stuff, but it's causing more stress on them that you are at home with a baby..put yourself in their shoes..I would not be happy if my 16 year old came home and was pregnant

Quoting cemcnair:

Quoting gee18:

Quoting mamapotts00:

gee18
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 6:36 PM
I tell them, this but unless,I show them is when they will believe me , thanks for your advice

Quoting victoriangavin:

When they bitch about things tell them very calmly I understand your concern and the toll it also takes on you but I will never be able to give my child a good life without this degree I am working towards and it would be great if you would atleast emotionally support me.  This is basically what I had to tell my dad when he bitched nonstop about me finishing school right now but once I told him this and he saw my good grades he finally started supporting me on it.  And don't let them get you down! YOU have the ambition it takes to do this so don't let what anyone sayes stop you.  That is what you want your child to see.  Is that no matter how hard it is if theres a will there's a way.

victoriangavin
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes faith in yourself is all you need

Quoting gee18:

I tell them, this but unless,I show them is when they will believe me , thanks for your advice

Quoting victoriangavin:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN