Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I'm a model ! :D . . . But I'm pregnant O.O

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:09 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi my names Rock & Im 19 :) my husband & I are having our first child in August. A baby girl :) I'm really excited & I can't even explain how blessed I feel that we are going to be parents. However I am a model & I am very worried that my body will be all messed up after labor. I've been modeling since I was 14. The type of modeling I do is nothing nasty or explicit. Mostly for teen websites, fashion blogs, & alternative photographers. Modeling is very important to me & it has always been my passion as well as my independent income for our household. My husband works too & we have been living off of his income which is good enough but modeling is my passion & I want to contribute to the household too because once the baby gets here I know it's going to be a lot of unexpected things that we are going to have to get. Both my sisters model as well as my brother so modeling just runs in our veins lol. Sadly I have not modeled much AT ALL since getting pregnant. The only work I can find really is maternity modeling jobs. My husband & I just recently did one together & we both really enjoyed it. I hope & pray my body goes back to normal. I know a lot of my friends who are moms had really bad stomachs for a long time after giving birth. I've been putting a whooole lot of oils & shea butter on my body to get rid of some stretch marks I have gotten & to help prevent. How long does it usually take for the stomach to go back to normal & not look all dark & weird? & please let me know if there is anything I can apply to my stretch marks that works really good !! Thank you. Oh & another thing, will my nose go back to normal after a while too ? lmaoo because its big as  hell now smh.

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations! You have an adorable little bump! It takes time realistically it took 9 months for it to change it will probably take 9 months to go back. Eat well and stay active and you'll *probably* bounce back sooner. Stretch marks will happen if they are going to happen, no matter how much you lather up. They will fade over time though Oh and I get a "fat" nose during pregnancy and it does go back to normal:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockmischief
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Congratulations! You have an adorable little bump! It takes time realistically it took 9 months for it to change it will probably take 9 months to go back. Eat well and stay active and you'll *probably* bounce back sooner. Stretch marks will happen if they are going to happen, no matter how much you lather up. They will fade over time though Oh and I get a "fat" nose during pregnancy and it does go back to normal:-)

i WISH MY BUMP WAS LITTLE! i haven't seen my bottom half in a long time lmaoo . & omg yeaah im happy your nose went down i hope mine does too because i look like a completly different person now with this nose! lol & i got some bad stretch marks on my legs & butt that i hope go away or no more shorts for me lol

cemcnair
by Courtney on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:14 PM
General swelling will go down fairly quickly. If you breastfeed, your body will snap back more quickly :)
But...it will probably never be quite the same, sorry!

And (just a question, not being mean) wasn't your df the one who cheated and had an std? How'd that work out?
Mommy1_2012
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I breast feed my son. I just found out I am a month and 1 week along with my 2nd child but I weigh less now then I did before I had him. Breast feeding was a charm for me. I went from a size 10 jeans to a size 3 jeans in Juniors. And some 14 jeans in girls. So if at all possible I would breast feed. And as far as the stretch marks. You will get them no matter what you put on. It will take time for them to fade.

mp0264
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:35 AM

It's very unlikely your stomach will go back to the size you were pre-pregnancy. It takes almost a year with a strict diet and regular excersise to get your body back. If you cheat on your diet, or do not excersise you will retain the weight. Stretch marks stay once they appear. I used lotions and creams to prevent the stretch marks while I was pregnant. Then in the 38th week I got them. My daughter was born a week later. August 2nd, 2012 : ) Good luck with the baby and post pregnancy!

Kelsey89
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:57 AM

It really depends on how much you gained, your pregnancy, ect. I was lucky I didn't gain that much with my daughter I was all baby. My daughter is 22 months old now, but I had my old body back in 4 months. 

BeautifulFey
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:13 AM

Congratulations! Have you tried Emu Oil or Bio Oil? They are amazing for stretch marks.

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:59 PM
I am back to my prepregnancy size. Took a year with exercise. I don't diet, but iv never really been an unhealthy eater anyway. You can do it, but be patient with your body. I had a csection and never thought id look this great. I LOVE my body now. Just remember, stretch marks are part of becoming a woman =) You can definitely make them fade though. Putting a lot of lotion on now is smart. Also, breastfeeding does help your body bounce back. I was unable to, but even if you don't, stick to an exercise routine. You can message me if you have any questions =)
coupon_ash_back
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I don't know I got mine back immediately, plus breast feeding helps.
JessieLee95
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Congrats!! I'm due in July and know exactly how you feel. I haven't seen my bottom half in awhile either lol. I took modeling classes before I got pregnant and would love to start my modeling career but am of course pregnant so this helped me a little bit. Because I had some of the same questions. Ive been putting cocoa butter on my stretch marks and it seems to work really good they have been getting lighter and going away some.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)