Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

teen moms--telling your family

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM
  • 10 Replies
Teen mom's, how'd you tell your parents you were pregnant? Whats the whole story? What all happened? How'd they respond? When did you tell them? Who'd you tell first? Who'd you tell last? Did you tell your parents when they were with each other?
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't tell anyone. My nana figured it out at 18 weeks. My nana told my moms boyfriend, he told my mom and my mom told everyone else.
Everyone was super excited.
Bren07
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I told my dad with a txt. I tried to call him but he worked out of town and his phone wasn't working. So I txtd him. That was not the best way but it worked and gave him time to think so when he got home we could talk without him being super angry at me. I told him as soon as I found out because I was paranoid about getting into the doctor without parental permission or whatever. I was 17 and a senior in HS so as soon as I peed on the damn stick within days everyone in school knew. Not that it was that big of a deal, I was like the 5th or so girl to get pregnant that year. Lol
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:06 PM

My mom got a phone call from a witch I worked with telling her she thought I was pregnant so my mom asked me and I told her.  She made me call my dad and tell him.

kstorm234
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I only lived with my dad. I told him on the way home from the orthodontist. It was bad. He was really angry at first and then he didnt talk to me for two days. At the end of the two days he apologized and was crying and hugged me and saud he was just worried about me. He told most of my family the day I told him. Im not really sure when or how my mom found out but i think dhe wad happy. I told my boyfriend first and then my friend and then my orthodontist because they wanted to do x rays and then my dad. It just spread from there. 

jojo_star
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I didn't tell anyone. I was in the bathroom and had taken the test, saw it was positive, and sort of collapsed. My brother came in and found me with the test. He got our parents, and they took me straight to the ER, the dr there did an ultrasound to confirm and date it. They were shocked and furious, but they kept it together for my sake. 

SabrinaLC
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I wasn't a teen mom, but am interested to see how you all told your family

teenmommy214
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Well I find out because I missed my period by a month and started having pain so I went to the hospital and they confirmed it I told my boyfriend first obviosly then my mom and everyone else which they all acted the complete opposite of which I thought they would thank God.
sunshine86912
by Dawn on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:15 AM

i didnt..my mom just knew..confronted me..then told my dad..and then next thing I knew everyone knew

lovinmy3girlies
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM
My gma and sis was in the hospital room w me. My gma immediately yelled " imma cut that little bastards balls off! U just wait!" Then about 2 minutes later she let out a sigh. Suddenly her face changed and she almost jumped in her seat & said "ooo we get to go baby shopping!!" Lmao! She loves her great granddaughters so much! My mom was in prison, couldn't say much and didn't really. Everyone, ESP my sis was excited.
Apgsteenmommy
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I told my aunt who told my mom.... My mom was so upset she couldn't stop screaming and crying. I told her when I was 4 weeks. I was 16 years old
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)