Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

What do you want to do as a career?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 23 Replies
Or what are you already.
I'm going to school to be a child and youth care worker. Its like a social worker/ counsellor.
There are so many different things I can do with it. I could work in group homes, be a child protection officer, work in a school, work for non profits, work in drop in centres and much much more.
Right now I want to be a parenting consultant with it. However I'm not to sure how to find a job in that so if that doesn't work I want to work in schools :)
How bout you ?
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this

I am a registered nurse. I work in labor and delivery. 

GabriellaKate
by Gabriella on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I'd love to be an interior designer, but right now I work in a hospital doing admin stuff

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM
That's awesome. I has some mean nurses in l& d but some nice ones too :3 do you have to do 12 hour shifts?

Quoting jojo_star:

I am a registered nurse. I work in labor and delivery. 

mz23
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I wanna be a RN. Will be applying to nursing programs in january.

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:59 PM
I swear everyone I know wants to be a nurse lol.

Quoting mz23:

I wanna be a RN. Will be applying to nursing programs in january.

meg0620
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm going to school right now to be an RN. I would love to go to school to become a nail tech but RN pays more and has better job security lol.
BroCosMom
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:03 PM
So I'm just going to take your post because this is EXACTLY what I'm doing to the t :-) just started my first semester of school 2 weeks ago after having graduating hs nearly 10 years ago :-)

Quoting Retrokitty:

Or what are you already.

I'm going to school to be a child and youth care worker. Its like a social worker/ counsellor.

There are so many different things I can do with it. I could work in group homes, be a child protection officer, work in a school, work for non profits, work in drop in centres and much much more.

Right now I want to be a parenting consultant with it. However I'm not to sure how to find a job in that so if that doesn't work I want to work in schools :)

How bout you ?
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Child and youth care? Its awesome :) im going into my fourth year in September however in only doing part time for the next few years. It will take longer but that's okay I guess.

Quoting BroCosMom:So I'm just going to take your post because this is EXACTLY what I'm doing to the t :-) just started my first semester of school 2 weeks ago after having graduating hs nearly 10 years ago :-)

Quoting Retrokitty:Or what are you already.
How bout you ?
BroCosMom
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Yup :-)

Quoting Retrokitty:

Child and youth care? Its awesome :) im going into my fourth year in September however in only doing part time for the next few years. It will take longer but that's okay I guess.

Quoting BroCosMom:So I'm just going to take your post because this is EXACTLY what I'm doing to the t :-) just started my first semester of school 2 weeks ago after having graduating hs nearly 10 years ago :-)

How bout you ?
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Are you in the US? I'm in Canada. I've always wondered how it differs down there.

Quoting BroCosMom:

Yup :-)

Quoting Retrokitty:

How bout you ?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)