Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you worry about what people think of you as a young mom?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

I always used to worry about this when my son was younger.  I was always the youngest mom at his school functions, etc and it made me feel funny.

Do you worry about what people think of you?

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaybreezii
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:13 PM
I don't. I guess I would if my boyfriend and I had not been together so long, but soon I will be a married woman, a mommy to his baby and eventually a college graduate for education PLUS have my cna for back up.
Lillysmommy0113
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:03 PM

nope! it only matters how my dd and i think of me!!

midjet117
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

nope. I love when ppl have a heart attach cuz I tell them I have 3 kids and they're like you look maybe 21 or 22, then I tel them I'm 28 and they're like ohh, good for you lol

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I'm proud of my decisions.
pinkfairy0206
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Oh yea I felt like this a lot especially when I had my first baby at 18. Now she's about 11 and I'm 29. She's going into middle school,and sometimes I get looks. It was bothering me so bad,like why are they looking at us like this?? My daughter also looks 13,she's developing and is gorgeous. I've seen the "whispers" too. Its on the tip of my tongue to say something and I have to hold back. It was really bothering me like I said. I'm trying to ignore it though and not care. I also have 3 more kids,2 more girls and 1 boy. I don't get the "looks"with them. Ugg ppl suck
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM

No. I'm a young mom, but not super young. And for some reason because I am tall people have always thought I'm older than I am for some reason. So I really don't get judged negatively.

felishalorenne
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:12 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm 18 and my son is turning a year in a couple days and I get funny looks all the time. At first I was really emotional about the hurtful things people said and all the negativity that I was getting, now I try to brush it off because I know that there's nothing in the world that would make me change my life, I love my son and I'm proud of having him. I mean don't get me wrong it will always bother me that people are so quick to judge me, but I just look at my son and see him smile and it makes it all worth it (:

jojo_star
by Jo on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:06 AM

No. 

Hollybriann
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Nobody has said anything to me. They're too worried saying "TWINS?" I guess they don't notice that I'm young. Then they say girl u got ur hands full. Basically I'm invisible. So no, I'm not worried about what other ppl think. I just wish they would leave me alone, mind their own business, and let me shop in peace Or whatever I'm doing. Sorry rant over.
ATG499
by Wendy on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Yes and no, honestly. In public I'm not, but I feel as though I'm being judged rather harshly by the other moms at DS's school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)