Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 8 Replies
My 4 1/2 year old step son has been having issues peeing not in the potty. At night time after we put him to bed we tell him that he can get up to go potty if he needs to go. The issue isn't that he's wetting the bed. He will put on different underwear and go into his closet and pee in them. Change back into his other underwear, and go back to bed. He's been potty trained for almost 2 years.

Any advice?
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cemcnair
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Bump! Sorry, I'm not at that stage yet.

Maybe put him in a pull up at night?
cemcnair
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Maybe a potty chair in his room?

Have you asked him why? Is he scared of going down the hall at night?
ginalouise1725
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Lights are left on for him, and he's avidly opposed to a "baby potty". I'm not sure if we should do punishment bc he knows what he's doing, or what.
cemcnair
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Is he sleep walking? Any history of abuse?
guinnmom3
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:12 PM
I like the potty in his room idea maybe a potty chair in his closet would help since u said he goes in there
SharrondaLinnae
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Ooh my neice did the same thing but she would just take them off and put them back on. Maybe take his other underwear out of the room and see if that changes anything maybe he wont have anything to change into so he will just go to the restroom. Put a bell on the door of his closet so he cant sneak in there and potty without making noise he will be worried about mommy finding out and he will go to the bathroom. Sounds like a tricky situation. Good Luck!! 

ginalouise1725
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Thanks girls!! No history of abuse, and he doesn't sleepwalk. If it happens again, I'm thinking potty chair beside the closet, versus in it. And the clothes have been removed from the closet.
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Was he night time trained before this? Where he would get up and use the potty? I would put his underwear somewhere he can't get them, maybe that could stop him from putting them on to pee in them. Has any major changes been happening in his life?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)