Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

money saving tips for buying kids school clothes and supplies

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

Does anybody have any good money saving tips on buying school clothes for kids and buying their school supplies?  I have 2 in school this coming up year and I am trying to figure out how to get them a few new outfits for school and all the supplies needed.  I have one in Kindergarten and first grade. 

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
awesomemommy2
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM
We don't rally but new clothes just for school. I buy stuff when its on sale or clearance as needed. I started buying supplies a bit at a time. Glue sticks are 30 cents for a 2 pack. Pencils and crayons were 25 cents at the local
Food store. I probably spend 3 a week until school starts and then i pick through the clearance and it lasts all year.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Watch the sales, use coupons.

Staples usually has some pretty good deals on school supplies if you don't mind buying just a few things at a time.

For school clothes, you might try resale shops that sell kids clothes.

SabrinaLC
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I don't know.

I just get them what they need.

I did get Crayola crayons for .50 a box at Target last weekend.  All their school supplies were pretty cheap.  I'll also have two in school.  One in Kindergarten and a 2nd grader.

MrsNewman
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I'll have 3 in school this yr. Buy everything on sale. I go online for shoes. Clothes I only buy what they need. Jeans are the main thing they need because they are had growth spurts over the summer. Supplies I'll do a little at a time during the sales for the rest of summer.

sunshine86912
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM

buy on sale :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)