Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BOYS!!!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:40 PM
  • 7 Replies
I am needing some help!!! My guy and I were together for 3 years and we found out we were pregnant, he purposed a few days after my birthday. He was so great the entire pregnancy and treated me good. Our son was born and he was really good for about 2 weeks then things started to change. All he wanted to do was party and he would had off his son whenever he held him. Things started to fade with us and now he wants nothing to do with me or his son. He has not seen his son or even asked about him for close to 7 weeks. I can live with him not being with me but its going to break our sons heart knowing that he walked out. I have been trying to be nice and allow his family to see rilee when ever they want but he wont see him. Now he is accusing me of cheating and wants a paternity test...well 2 weeks later we are still waiting on him to schedule one. I just want my son to grow up with a daddy but I don't want to force ben to be around if he doesn't want to. I have no idea what to do. He sent me a text the other day telling me to stop coming around his family and if they want to see rilee then they can ask ben...well he wont even see his own son?? I just need some advise on what to do. Hes missing out on a huge blessing!
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MesDennis20
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Well like you said, you can't MAKE him want to see his son as forcing him to be around him won't be healthy for your son. However if his family contacts you wanting to see your son and you feel comfortable with them doing so then you should. Even though his dad doesn't want to have anything to do with him it'll still be beneficial to have a relationship with his paternal family. Its honestly none of your ex's business if his family contacts you about your son. If he has a problem with that he needs to bring it up with them, not you. My ODS bio dad was the same exact way, his mother adores my son though and I've continued to let her see him even though bio dad won't.
Benswifey10710
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
You said it, you can't force him & he's missing out! I would just let him realize that & continue to let the family see him if they want. He will definitely benefit from that!
Lily613
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Its just confusing Cuz his mom is now trying to fight for full custody! Saying I'm an unfit parent. But my ex doesn't want anything to do with us....its weird but his dads grandma is siding with me and is standing with me because she thinking it wrong what dad is doing ... well baby daddy is mad at that is wants no one to see his son. Its annoying
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Sorry to hear that. You can't force him to see his son. As you said, it's his loss. I would continue to let his family see him though, if they ask.

Benswifey10710
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:33 PM
She won't get custody LOL no worries. Maybe grandparent rights but that's it.

Quoting Lily613:

Its just confusing Cuz his mom is now trying to fight for full custody! Saying I'm an unfit parent. But my ex doesn't want anything to do with us....its weird but his dads grandma is siding with me and is standing with me because she thinking it wrong what dad is doing ... well baby daddy is mad at that is wants no one to see his son. Its annoying
SabrinaLC
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I'm really sorry you are going through that.

BeccaJoy622
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I was sort of in the same situation with my daughters father. i wanted to stay with him for the same reasons you want your son to have his father. All he did was party and hes never to this day ever held a steady job. Our relationship was very volatile, and often abusive neither of us were happy. She was 2 1/2 when I got the courage to leave him, but now he wants to be a part of her life, and vise versa, even though he's still partying and selfish. I take care of the majority of my daughters upbringing, and he hardly pays his already minimal child support. But, naturally I don't tell dd these things, so she thinks he's the best person in the world! So, if he doesn't want to be involved now then save yourself the heartache of your son idolizing a deadbeat loser.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)