Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

How did you choose names?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:48 PM
  • 8 Replies
How did you come up with your children names? What are their names? If you are pregnant have you came up with names? How did you choice them? 

My first dd is kyleigh her father and I choice it in the hospital room, we couldn't agree on a name. A nurse suggested it and I feel in love with it. Her middle name Rae is my middle name with a R. 
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SamanthaSage
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Our baby's name is Cayley Lyn. Cayley, because my boyfriend came up with it and we both like it and Lyn because my mom's name was Lynda who passed away 9 years ago.
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I would suggest names we liked. Whenever one of us suggested a name we both liked, it went on a list. For some reason I am way more picky with boy names than girl names. I like a lot of girl names, but hardly any boy names. So I rejected all but 3 names my husband suggested. I could only think of one boy name I liked: Ethan. From the list of 4 names we both liked, my husband said he wanted to go with Ethan, and have his middle name be James so he can call him E.J. So that's how our son came to be Ethan James. The funny thing is that my husband never calls our son E.J lol

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I had the worst time picking all my boys names. The first I just thought of one day, my second was in a name book but I changed the spelling, and my third we got stuck between two names and finally picked it weeks after our gender ultrasound. I'm not sure what I'll do if this baby is a boy, I can't find anything I like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:18 PM
We hsve a boy name for sure...girl names are hard people don't like the names or spellings.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

I had the worst time picking all my boys names. The first I just thought of one day, my second was in a name book but I changed the spelling, and my third we got stuck between two names and finally picked it weeks after our gender ultrasound. I'm not sure what I'll do if this baby is a boy, I can't find anything I like.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HyrulianHeroine
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:49 AM
1 mom liked this

my daughter is a name that i loved since i was a kid. my favorite brat doll was jade so i named her jaiden my son is a jr and his middle name isaac was chosen because i thought it was a beautiful name for a handsome boy ^_^

kaybreezii
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

With our boy name, we chose pretty easily. I saw it on a "Baby names" app, we changed the spelling and picked a middle name. Rilen Xavier. We will call him Rex as a nickname, because daddy wants too and he will be our little dino man.

For the girl, we fought for like 2 months over names. One night, we went to Barnes N' Noble, scrolled through a baby book and chose Kendelynn because daddy wanted a name very similar to mine. I agreed because it had Lynn in it (my middle name and my mothers). The middle name came later, it's my nanas middle name. She's one of the most important women in my life. So Kendelynn Louise.

We find out what our baby is on August 14, can't wait for that!

SabrinaLC
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Isaac Robert Alekzander - I've always liked the name Isaac, my brother (RIP) was Robert, and I love the way Alekzander sounds

Liam Matthew Quyen - Dh chose Liam, Dh's name is Matthew, and we like the name Quyen

Eban Oliver Rhys - Dh chose Eban, I think the name Oliver is adorable and Rhys is cute too 

cemcnair
by Courtney on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
We made lists. Anything we hated from the others list got x'd. We chose ds1 about a week before he was born (so at 40 weeks), and ds2 we had 2 and chose when he was born :)
Names are important. It's ok if it takes a while.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)