Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Polyhydramnios anyone?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:19 AM
  • 6 Replies
I panicked. It's my first time getting this far in pregnancy and I'm scared. Yesterday 7*17*13 I was diagnosed with polyhydramnios or excess amniotic fluid at 25w 1d and admitted to the hospital. My diabetes has been harder to control the last two weeks and 3 weeks ago everything was normal. I feel really horrrible because I thought I was doing well. She is extremely healthy but she may have to come early to avoid hyperglycemic complications. They have me on a fetal heart monitor and there are no problems there. I just want my daughter to be ok because if she develops anything I'll feel responsible. Did/does anyone else have polyhydramnios or know someone who did? EDIT : Thanks for the feature Update : I'm still hospitalized with 3x the amount of amniotic fluid I should. They are weighing their options but I hope she doesn't come for 100 days because its all she has left.
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sunshine86912
by Dawn on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:32 PM

not me, but maybe someone else@

SabrinaLC
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I gained a lot of weight quickly at the beginning of my pregnancy.  The doctor just assumed I was eating a lot.  Once I got to then end of my pregnancy, I was HUGE!  On my due date they gave me an ultrasound and saw that I had a ridiculous amount of amniotic fluid and my baby was measuring big.  They never said what could of caused it though so I'm not sure if it's what you have or not.  My son was 8lbs 10oz when he was born, no complications other than the cord around his neck but the doctor quickly fixed that.

Benswifey10710
by Amanda on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Bump I haven't
queenteej
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:39 AM
They said that my fundal height is about a 7 1/2 month fetus for my size I was 104 pre-pregnancy now I'm 140 I guess I'm concerned because Im not due until 10*29 and idw her to come quite yet.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

I gained a lot of weight quickly at the beginning of my pregnancy.  The doctor just assumed I was eating a lot.  Once I got to then end of my pregnancy, I was HUGE!  On my due date they gave me an ultrasound and saw that I had a ridiculous amount of amniotic fluid and my baby was measuring big.  They never said what could of caused it though so I'm not sure if it's what you have or not.  My son was 8lbs 10oz when he was born, no complications other than the cord around his neck but the doctor quickly fixed that.

cemcnair
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Hugs!!
queenteej
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Thanks

Quoting cemcnair:

Hugs!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN