Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

help!! 17 and gynocologist app. with mom next week!!

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:20 PM
  • 30 Replies

hi, my name is jasmine, im 17 y.o. so nobody knows im pregnant, and im pretty sure im 4.5 months, (20 weeks) and im really against telling my parents, and my mom was gonna take me to get an IUD inserted into my uterus as a birth control. we had to wait for my period, i told her i had it, and we're going to the gynocologist on tuesday. (today is saturday) and the problem is, im pregnant!! so im nervous, what if i just tell my doctor to keep my stuff confidential and go ahead and tell him im pregnant so i can have a prenatal check-up?? i havent had one yet!! ): im really nervous, and i think my mom suspects im pregnant. will i be safe to tell my doctor?? will the bill show up and say im pregnant?? what if he prescribes me prenatal vitamins?? how do i go about this?? and again, i really cant confide in my mom, because she's really neglective, and im sure wont help at all, she'll only make problems for me and raise my stress levels. she'll gossip to the whole family, and my family will talk S*** to me, especially my dad, not to mention ill be kicked out the house. anyways, theres no way in heck i want to face that just yet. so.. what do i do?? do i ditch my mom and the gynocologist?? or do i go and get a prenatal check-up??

******* thank you all so much for the extra support and push,  im definitely going to the gynocologist, today actually, for my baby's health, i dont want to put him or her in danger because im scared. thanks again everyone especially the ones who messaged me. im going today to get a check-up and hopefully prenatal vitamins. 

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Stop playing around and get to the doctor.  You are not helping yourself or the baby by avoiding it.

cemcnair
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:50 PM
3 moms liked this
You need to tell your mom and go to the doctor NOW!
You are putting yours and your baby's health at risk.
Grow up and take responsibility!
AutymsMommy
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:55 PM
3 moms liked this
You're having a child. Time to grow up and put on your big girl panties - you need to tell your mother. Now.
Bren07
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:58 PM
I think the first three replies have it covered pretty well. Grown up. You're about to be a mom, time to start acting like it.
LoveMyKBabies
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Just tell your mom & get it over with. It'll give her 4.5 months to get used to the fact that she's going to be a grandmother. She can change your 'normal' pelvic exam to a prenatal exam instead. Good luck!

sjevans1219
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Tell your mom, don't ditch them. She probably has a feeling already anyway. So what if she gossips, my family does the same and I don't live with them, they are going to find out anyway. Just go and make sure you and baby are okay. Good Luck!

BeccaJoy622
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
My gyn told me that iud's aren't safe for women who haven't had a baby. Sounds to me like your mom knows (they're good for that sort of thing) and is calling your bluff. You need to tell your doctor so he can put you on prenatals and make sure your little one is developing normally. I feel ya, I do, I was 17 when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. Yeah, some shit was slung but I shut everyone up by being a damn good mother. Just bite the bullet.
daisybaby91
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Just tell your mom. She is going to find out eventually anyway, and her reaction might suprise you. Maybe she will be more supportive than you think.
BeccaJoy622
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:10 AM
I stand corrected: apparently recent studies have shown that iud's can be used by young women and teens without any kids. It was different 6 years ago when I was 17!

Quoting BeccaJoy622:

My gyn told me that iud's aren't safe for women who haven't had a baby. Sounds to me like your mom knows (they're good for that sort of thing) and is calling your bluff. You need to tell your doctor so he can put you on prenatals and make sure your little one is developing normally. I feel ya, I do, I was 17 when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. Yeah, some shit was slung but I shut everyone up by being a damn good mother. Just bite the bullet.

iHEAVENn
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:13 AM

So what, are you planning on telling your parents when the baby is coming out of your vagina? :| 

I really don't understand your point in waiting, tell them, grow up, and get seen by a doctor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN