Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I wrong for being upset?!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:05 AM
  • 7 Replies
Well my boyfriend has been spending ALOT more time with his best friend since we found out we were pregnant. At first I understood because his friend has 2 small children and I just figured he was scared and needed advice. But now that I am almost 23 weeks and he is still constantly leaving for long night hours with his friend I am becoming alot more vocal about me being upset. I try to get him to understand why I'm upset. For one, he knows I have no friends and especially no friends with babies that I can turn too. And two, after the baby arrives nothing changes between him and his friend however it will never just be me and him again. Which we never really got to be just me and him since we found out I was pregnant the day after my 18th birthday... I just want him to spend more time with me before baby gets here. Is that too much to ask for?
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Shaketa123
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:53 AM

I hope he knows it takes 2 people to create a baby but honestly I think he will change once the baby arrives b/c when seeing your baby for the first time a lot changes and talk to him more...Was your pregnancy planned? GoodLuck

SabrinaLC
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I'm sorry.

I'd be upset too

sunshine86912
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I'd be pissed..why is he hanging with a friend and not you? Or not taking you with?
jessica111011
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:41 PM

its natrual to feel afarid of something like that, my now husband was 17 when we were pregnent with our first born i was going to be 19 right after we had our son, and he was allways trying to be somewhere other than at home with me and our baby. its scarier for the soon to be new dads just like it is for us girls as we understand every movement to every sound where we have 9 months with our children before the boys. yes their with us through the pregancy but they do not have all the same feelings as we do as we go through the pregancy and delevery. hell come around it takes time. 

lilmamabowers
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:12 PM
A lot of young fathers get scared. As the ladies have said above me.. He will come around. He wants time away, some space. He is overwhelmed and can't take it all in at one time. It will take him a little while. New parents are always worried and scared.

When I first found out I was preg I was so scared along side my fiancée. I believe he was more scared then I. He had to worry about what his parents would say and think. Being a mother comes natural to us.. With men it's diff
Babybear89
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM
I'm sorry. I have been here before its not a good time. Just tell him how you feel. Don't nag and ask him to spend more time and tell him why
cemcnair
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Hugs!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)