Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scared and alone.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:24 AM
  • 10 Replies
im 16 and im almost to the end of my pregnancy. my baby girl is due august 7th. i wasnt nervous about giving birth until my last doctors appoitment. my doctor said shes dropped A LOT. they checked me and my water could break at any time. im scared to give birth. im scared i wont be able to keep pushing when i need to. can someone explain what it feels like to be in labor. dont sugar coat it, tell me about the pain how to deal with it.. how to push... please help
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shaketa123
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Every mom is nervous about giving birth to their first child I was suppose to have a vaginal birth but my dd came 2weeks early so I had a c-section I barely felt anything until they had to get her out and that was a sharp pain

SisterMomma
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:43 AM

Hey I've been in your spot, but your body knows what to do. Your body has natural responses to everything, when you need push your body will, but it (to me) feels like your straining to take a poop. Yes its gonna hurt but they do have medications other then an epidural. I had a pain killer called Demerol they give it to me through my iv drip it made it so I could relax during my contractions but when it got time to push, I felt it it (to me) feels like my vagina is ripping and on fire.

But in my experiance and what my friends with kids have said is that as soon as that baby is in your arms and you see the beautiful, tiny human that grew inside of you, you instantly forget about the pain you just under went

lucydiamond
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:46 AM
You should try to find a doula in your area who will work for free. Sounds like you could use one. Your body will know what to do so don't over think it.
Miss_Sheila
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:47 AM
I was 16 n pregnant and i did not get the epidural i chose not too damn it hurt alot felt like my vagina was being sliced open and the doctor also cut me so my daughter would fit. I yelled and cried felt like i was gonna pass out. Try getting the epidural if you cannot handle the pain. It will help.
SabrinaLC
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM

It's totally normal to be nervous. 

I was too and wasn't sure how I would do it.  I honestly asked for a c-section because I was so scared but I did it.  I have three boys all delivered vaginally.  

The nurse helped me a lot,  She counted and told me when to push.  They only let me push for so long before making sure I would breath and get ready for the next push.  

I had an epidural with all three.  I didn't feel any pain but still had enough feeling to know what my body needed to do.  I felt delivery, just without pain.

sunshine86912
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Normal to be nervous! It's different for everyone though, good luck!
itchyithcybelly
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:27 PM

You will be fine. Like some of the other moms said, your body konws what to do, it has been preparing all these months just for this moment. Although i disagree with one of then, it does not feel like your vagina is being sliced open. i'm nineteen and I gave a natural birth. Yes it did hurt but my mom had told me not to fight the contractions otherwise you would have a longer labor. The contractions are just a cramp starting off, but later it does become quite painful. If you want the epidural then get it. But i just felt differently about it. God made it so that it would hurt. keep your body as relaxed as possible, it will be very hard but you can do it. you will know when you are ready to push because you are giong to feel like you have to poop. I describe my son as the biggest poop of my life. It's like your constipated and a poop wants to come, but its so big it hurts. But once you get that head out, that last push is a breeze. I congradulate you on your child. And i pray that you have a safe and healthy labor!

ronda.darlene
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I had a natural birth. No meds or epidural and it hurt. Thankfully though, everyone was telling me it would be the worst pain in my life. It was, I'd never felt anything like it before, but it wasn't NEARLY as bad as I expected. The only problem is that my doctor didn't want to cut me which was making it harder for my almost 9 pounder to come out. After I was cut, he came out no problem. Its exhausting and scary and if you have low pain tolerance, get an epidural. I heard it will make the labor longer but you won't be hurting.

Ever woman handles pain differently and once that beautiful little baby is laying on your chest, you won't remember any of the pain. If they cut you, you'll be hurting for a while after the baby is born but even that'll pass eventually. It'll be okay and congrats. :) Women have been doing this for years. Our bodies are MADE for this!

emilyelephant
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Labor was like insanely bad period cramps. You'll feel stupid, but moan in a low octave and it helps so much more than high pitched screaming your head off. I got an epidural and it worked wonderfully so I can't comment on anything after that really. You push with the same muscles you use to poop. So if, like me, you get an epidural and can't feel anything at all, just keep that in mind. They said I did amazing for not being able to feel the pressure or anything. The recovery from my tear sucked. Your hospital probably offers birthing classes. You should look into it soon.

Babybear89
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Its absolutely normsl to be nervous. Labor is different for every woman. I didn't feel my contractions until they gave me pitocin. Definately didn't like that lol. But if you are scared of the pain they can discuss an epidur al for you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)