Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just need a break.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 27 Replies
okay, as of this Friday my daughter will be 2 months and 1 week old. my fiancé is in the army and had to leave when she turned a month old. he will be back in 3 weeks however, I am so stressed out I can't think straight. doing this on my own, and taking care of myself is almost impossible. yes I do have family members who can help although everybody works so that just can't happen right now. I have very high blood pressure and being so young makes this even harder. I've gone this for so I can go 21 more days. I just break down sometimes. this is the hardest things I've gone through and I don't think I can take too much more of this. if he gets deployed and if I am able to we will go with him. babies are so much work. especially when you need to take care of yourself too.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:39 PM
As hard as it is it's not impossible. You just have to dig deep and find the strength within you to do what you need to. As mother's we deal with the physical and emotional tolls of having a baby but women are strong. As hard as it may be take time for you. Put baby in a safe place like her crib or swing and take a 15 minutes to shower and do your hair. Give yourself a break.

As a mother of soon to be 4 finding the time is hard but I still try everyday just to do something little for myself. It makes a huge difference in how I feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RachelBy
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM

If you stick to a steady routine it will help a LOT! I got out of the Army last year and my husband deployed shortly after, like literally 4 weeks. I got out they pulled him in and gave him 4 weeks. So I went from working my crazy MP schedule to full time mommy overnight and then he was gone. We eventually went and stayed with my family for the remainder of his deployment which helped a lot for adult interaction! A couple of months after he returned he had to report to Germany, we were supposed to go but he got his orders 4 days before he had to final out. We didn't get our passports because that takes a nu ber of weeks so we have to wait a couple of months before we go over to him. It sucks but it happens, the Army isn't their to cater to people's wishes. There's only so much they can and will do. The Air Force is a LOT more family oriented from what I hear, and if I were to get back in that's what I would choose lol He's also going to two schools a week after we get there and they are on the opposite end of Germany so we'll be alone in a foreing country lol Just stay positive and make a good routine to stick to, it gets easier over time. And it is totally worth it! I'm just glad I don't get recalled anymore just him loll if you ever need to talk I'm here, and my husband just reenlisted for another 4 years so we'll be doing this for a while more!

RachelBy
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Also are you getting married? Because the only way he'll get family housing is if you are or your child is at least on his DEERS. But you MUST be married if you plan on going over seas with him, you can't get command sponsored any other way :/

Babybear89
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM
When baby is napping do something for yourself
cemcnair
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM
That's part of being a mother. There is no more "you" time when your partner is away. Babies need 24/7 care. Just take a deep breath, ask for help (even if its just to ask someone to hold the baby for an hour or so-since you are not breastfeeding, you don't have to worry about pumping if they do a feeding).
And having a schedule helps.
meganliz11
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:43 PM
yes we are eyeing married in September :) I just have a hard time with this. I have a lot of my own problems and I'm so stressed out. can't catch a break. I do plan on going with him if I'm able to, I can't stay away from him like this. my daughter needs a father to take part in raising her and I'm not doing this on my own after this shit. I'm sorry but, I've never wanted to get involved with military. I hate it, and I don't want any part of it. after the next 4 more years he is done and reinlisting is not an option. he makes way more money being here than being there. he regrets joining and I do too. thought he joined before he met me.

Quoting RachelBy:

Also are you getting married? Because the only way he'll get family housing is if you are or your child is at least on his DEERS. But you MUST be married if you plan on going over seas with him, you can't get command sponsored any other way :/

Babybear89
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Have you talked to your doctor. I have serious anxiety and coping issues and I was put on meds it helps. Don't be afraid of asking for help
Randi02
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I agree! It's not about you anymore. Have a nap when your baby naps, if you need a shower or a bath - bring the baby in with you.

Three weeks is not that long, and I find this little baby stage to be the easiest! They are not mobile and getting into everything, they still nap and they have very few things you have to do for them - food, clean diaper, sleep and snuggles. That's pretty much it!

Do you have a wrap or a sling so you can wear your baby while you get stuff done? Being young isn't an excuse, IMO. You were 'old' enough to have sex and make a baby, you are old enough to deal with this like a big girl.

Quoting cemcnair:

That's part of being a mother. There is no more "you" time when your partner is away. Babies need 24/7 care. Just take a deep breath, ask for help (even if its just to ask someone to hold the baby for an hour or so-since you are not breastfeeding, you don't have to worry about pumping if they do a feeding).
And having a schedule helps.

meganliz11
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:57 PM
yes. I have meds for how serious my headaches are. this just isn't working. once he's home he's staying home. if I have to shoot him in the leg I will.

Quoting Babybear89:

Have you talked to your doctor. I have serious anxiety and coping issues and I was put on meds it helps. Don't be afraid of asking for help

Babybear89
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM
I'm thinking more for anxiety and depression you sound like me a few yrs ago. Headaches aren't the problem

Quoting meganliz11:

yes. I have meds for how serious my headaches are. this just isn't working. once he's home he's staying home. if I have to shoot him in the leg I will.

Quoting Babybear89:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)