Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting ready for baby, working, & going to college full time!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

I really just want to say; it's possible. I'm not saying it's easy, but it can be done. Sometimes media makes us young mothers feel as if we can't accomplish what a normal teen/young mother can but it's not true. Ladies if we don't try we will never know.. get out there and pursue your dreams!!

Many of us have been through things that make our lives seem a little more difficult, take that in stride! Let what you feel is a weakness become your motivation! Not only for you, but for your child. We're all they have & we need to be strong for them. So, go to school, get that job, & handle your business ladies!

GOOD LUCK!!<3

by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by Jo on Aug. 17, 2013 at 2:09 AM
While its true that you can do it, the fact remains, mist can't/don't do it. This feels an awful lot like endorsing teen motherhood, and no matter how few or many teen moms make it, it still isn't a good thing or something to be desired.
Babybear89
by Geeky Gracey on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Good luck
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 3:36 PM

You're right.  It can be done, it's not always easy, but it can be done.  However, it's one of those things you have to want bad enough to make it happen. ;)

scurnes
by Sara on Aug. 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Best of luck to you
sunshine86912
by Dawn on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM

rock it out!  and yep!  I know its possible :)  i did it as well, and I was a single mom and worked 4 jobs lol.  so yep..go on!  I cant stand when people make excuses for why they cant..when they so can!  I dont run around telling people what I did while pregnant/after having my baby...because I dont need anyone feeling sorry for me/thinking I am amazing..or any of that mess.  I just did what needed to be done!  And you are doing the same! woohoo!

sunshine86912
by Dawn on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I dont feel that way at all.  I feel like she is saying hey you..all you people that make a million excuses about why you CANT..I am just telling you that you CAN.  THere are grown women out there who cant/wont do a thing..so it doesnt have a thing to do with being or not being a teen mom.  My friend (ehh..not so much a friend now) is 28 and STILL cant get her shit together.  I wont tell her story, because its not really mine to tell..but I tried to help her get into school..and gave her all the office locations for child support, and aid..and yet she sat on her butt until she lost everything she had..and THEN wanted to take action..day late and a dollar short.  so this can go for anyone, not just teens.

Quoting jojo_star:

While its true that you can do it, the fact remains, mist can't/don't do it. This feels an awful lot like endorsing teen motherhood, and no matter how few or many teen moms make it, it still isn't a good thing or something to be desired.

HyrulianH3roine
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

doesnt matter if you see teen parenthood as a bad thing and a mistake, shes not endorsing every teen on this site is either preggo or has kids. shes only giving much needed motivation to them all.

this is great mama and keep it up. just because your a teen mom doesnt mean you cany celebrate your accomplishments and relish in the beauty of motherhood!

i am also a full time working, college, mama! 

sunshine86912
by Dawn on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:47 PM
2 moms liked this

yep :)

Quoting HyrulianH3roine:

doesnt matter if you see teen parenthood as a bad thing and a mistake, shes not endorsing every teen on this site is either preggo or has kids. shes only giving much needed motivation to them all.

this is great mama and keep it up. just because your a teen mom doesnt mean you cany celebrate your accomplishments and relish in the beauty of motherhood!

i am also a full time working, college, mama! 

coupon_ash_back
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Yup. I did it and it was fine.
Benswifey10710
by Amanda on Aug. 17, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Wow! You can def do it!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)