Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help!!

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 10 Replies
Okay so my son dad has never been in the picture at all and is not of the birth certificate and my son will be 3 years old. And I've been with someone for a while would I be allowed to put them on the birth certificate or no?
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicki1995
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:17 PM
I have no idea. Bump!
scurnes
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I don't think so but not totally sure.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM
I don't think so...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babybear89
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:35 PM
No but likely he could adopt little one. Contact an attorney
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that's illegal. He can adopt him though

cemcnair
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM
No. He's not the bio dad and you aren't married if I'm reading this right. Before he adopts you kid, you should be married I'd think...
mommy1234242
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM

You can actually put whoever you want on the birth certificate as long as he signs and acknowledges that he is the parent. That's what nurses told me at the hospital when my 1st one wa born.

Brycensmommy85
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:38 AM

No but you can have that person  legally adpot your son if he has no father. However the dad has to give up his rights in order for you to do that, if he's not on the birth cert that is a good start but he can still go to court and fight you so be prepared that happened to my friend in the same situation. Usually the courts will be on your side if hes never been in your sons life tho. That is a big decision tho I wouldn't let anyone adopt or have rights over my child unless I knew for sure they would be in his life and mine forever.

SabrinaLC
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM

no idea

sunshine86912
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:34 PM
This. You can't just put someone's names on a birth cert

Quoting Brycensmommy85:

No but you can have that person  legally adpot your son if he has no father. However the dad has to give up his rights in order for you to do that, if he's not on the birth cert that is a good start but he can still go to court and fight you so be prepared that happened to my friend in the same situation. Usually the courts will be on your side if hes never been in your sons life tho. That is a big decision tho I wouldn't let anyone adopt or have rights over my child unless I knew for sure they would be in his life and mine forever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)