Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I REALLY can't stand when....

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:53 PM
  • 10 Replies

people refer to my fiance has my "baby daddy"

a girl just got hired at my work and she was a little bitchy from the start of the converation. The subject came up of me having a kid. And her bold and unneeded opinion was : "that is WAY too young" and shook her head. "you still wit yo baby daddy?"

um, no. I am WITH my fiance. We have a house together. We are a family. I am not some ghetto white trash and call my fiance my "baby daddy" he is my significant other, we are a team. ( I am 19 almost 20 btw)

no offense to anyone that calls their S/O's that. I just figure you call the father of your child the "babys daddy" when you aren't with them romanticly anymore.And no, not everyone that says that is ghetto or white trash. I am just irritated.  And I didn't like her tone of voice and rude, negative opinion. I didn't even ask for her opinion.

My boss is in the middle of hiring new people. She used to work there before me and just got hired back. I already don't like her attitude. I can already tell this isn't going to be a good mix. If I hear any negative comments about my "situation" again.. I am going to put her in her place. I am doing just fine. There is no need to feel sorry for me. The only reason I even have this job is to make extra cash for the holidays and savings.

please no bashing. just speaking my mind. It was a long night at work and I really don't like when people react so negativly towards me....

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. If you are together, they are your Df/Dh/So. If you are split up, they are your ex.
If you were never together, and got pregnant by the guy, he's your baby daddy!
kld10811
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:08 PM

thank you!

I just really can't stand when people are rude and seem to have such a strong opinion about my life and my choices. If you were there you would really understand why this girl got under my skin

Quoting cemcnair:

I agree. If you are together, they are your Df/Dh/So. If you are split up, they are your ex.

wonderstruck11
by Allons-y on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:29 AM

HATE that term. I hate 'sperm doner' more though.

mz23
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:34 AM
Quoting cemcnair:

Lol this right here. But im not with my EX and btw I do not call him baby daddy although were not romanticalllly together! It is a very tacky term I refuse to use.
Babybear89
by Geeky Gracey on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Its trashy to me too.
scurnes
by Sara on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:52 AM
It's for sure not the best phrase out there. It assumes bad things about the mom
Benswifey10710
by Amanda on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM
That irritates me too!
Janoah
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:35 AM

My ex husband calls me that. His baby's mama. I get so angry. Its not we got married because i got pregnant. we got married had a few kids, got divorced. He's always refering to me as his baby's mom. Ugh!!!! Call me their mother, ex-wife anything other than that. It confuses people. They're always shocked that we were even married. I can understand. 

tammy_lynne
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I agree, it's a trashy term. She sounds like a real piece of work too. 

kyandkaesmommy
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM
It's different when your together. I am a single mom and the fathers of my kids are baby daddies. I don't refer them as that when I talk to people but on here I say it. They aren't anything to my kids. All they are is someone who makes kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)