Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

opinions please

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM
  • 13 Replies

my little girl is 7m/o and is on soy formula. when should i try changing her formula or putting her on regular milk?

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Why is she on soy? I wouldn't change if she is doing good on the soy. Absolutely no milk until 12 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jackiesmomma13
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Why is she on soy? I wouldn't change if she is doing good on the soy. Absolutely no milk until 12 months.

thats all she would take after she was born. we were in the hospital 1 week after delivery trying to find that out. tried 3 diff formula types

Henrysmomma0915
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Did she have a reaction at all to the other formulas or she just didn't like them? People start transitioning kids to milk after a year old. If she just didn't like the other formulas I would just transition her to milk as normal, if she has had a reaction, I'd talk to your pediatrician.
scurnes
by Sara on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM
No milk or dairy till after a year.
Jackiesmomma13
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:19 PM

yea, she threw everything else up, thats why we stayed at the hospital, we didnt want to bring her home until she was ok with formula.

Quoting Henrysmomma0915:

Did she have a reaction at all to the other formulas or she just didn't like them? People start transitioning kids to milk after a year old. If she just didn't like the other formulas I would just transition her to milk as normal, if she has had a reaction, I'd talk to your pediatrician.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Don't change her formula or put her on regular milk without talking to her pediatrician.

cemcnair
by Courtney on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Exactly.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Don't change her formula or put her on regular milk without talking to her pediatrician.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:39 AM

If she's doing fine on the formula she's on now, I wouldn't change it. You can start giving her regular whole milk once she's a year old.

wonderstruck11
by Allons-y on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:48 PM
No milk until she is a year or until your doctor says it is okay.
Babybear89
by Geeky Gracey on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Stick to what she has
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)