Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

What would you spend on a crib set for your baby?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM
  • 15 Replies
I am having a baby girl in December, she is my first. I really love crib sets and want to get one. I have found a few that I really like that are between 10-13 pieces and are around $75-$80. I think this is a great deal, but what would you be willing to spend? Because I must admit, there are some in the $150 range that I really love, with the same amount of pieces. Any advice on this would be welcomed. I just really don't want to buy something more expensive if it's not really worth it. You never get back what you pay for things after they are used, even if you try to resell it after.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scurnes
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:26 PM
If I had to do it over again I would not get a set. The bumpers in those sets are dangerous. If you have to have one get a mesh one from target, they come in many colors. I would also just get a sheet and a skirt in solid colors and just piece the rest together.
rjmac88
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:33 PM
After my first I never bought a set again. Just a couple sheets. It's not worth kt
Henrysmomma0915
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I had a set that I got with my son but didn't even bother with my daughter. You never use the comforter, the bumpers are a hazard once they start moving, they aren't worth it. Period. We have some mesh bumpers that we got for my daughter (now 8 months) because she was sticking her legs through the bars and we put a sheet on. That's it.
melly_v88
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I got a really nice set with my first baby, and with my second I learned that a pretty top blanket and some plain colored sheets was really only necessary lol
cemcnair
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I completely agree.

Quoting scurnes:

If I had to do it over again I would not get a set. The bumpers in those sets are dangerous. If you have to have one get a mesh one from target, they come in many colors. I would also just get a sheet and a skirt in solid colors and just piece the rest together.
wonderstruck11
by Allons-y on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM
I spent $80 on a set. She is almost 2 and still uses it.
Randi02
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM

It would depend.

I wouldn't buy anything with bumpers. I spent $400 on a custom set for my 3 year old. She used it for a long time! I bought it off of Etsy.
My other kids just got store bought ones, and they were between $200- $300, depending on the brand.

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I have never bought one in all three kids and wouldn't. You need more then one fitted sheet. Babies can't sleep with blankets and by the time they can those crib ones aren't going to cut it. Bumpers are deadly... ect.

I just buy fitted sheets, sleep sacks, and decorate with stuff they can grow into.

sunshine86912
by Dawn on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Eh, I bought used sets to save money
lenashark
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I paid $150 for my daughters crib set. It has the mattress sheet, crib sheets, and a crib skirt. I didn't want one of the big sets because those things are really all she needs, and she doesn't really need the skirt we just wanted one. I got breathable bumpers, she can't have the comforter or pillow until shes older, and we weren't going to use any of the wall hanging stuff. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN