Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If any new mothers who has preeclampsia, please join!!!

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:40 AM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: Like this group??

Options:

Yes

No

It could be bettter

Lame!!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 0

Welcome!! My name is Beth and I am looking for preeclampsia mothers that are going through the same thing as me! Even other mothers are welcome and join just because. I am almost 32 weeks pregnant and in the hospital for preeclampsia. I am having a girl and it's my first.

Mothers are also welcome to talk about other things then preeclampsia, it can be about life, kids, school/college, jobs, stress, a good time, or even cravings, how fare along you are, ect. Conversation is NEVER endless here!! Making firends is one thing that I would like to say that everyone should do on here too!!

For most other mothers that may not know what preeclampsia, here is the signs of having preeclampsia, if you MAY have it, go to your doctor ASAP!!! It's not a joke!!

• Preeclampsia is most often seen in first-time pregnancies, in pregnant teens, and in women over 40. Other risk factors include:

• A history of high blood pressure prior to pregnancy
    • A history of preeclampsia
    • Having a mother or sister who had preeclampsia
    • A history of obesity
    • Carrying more than one baby
    • History of diabetes, kidney disease, lupus, or rheumatoid arthritis
  • In addition to swelling, protein in the urine, and high blood pressure, preeclampsia symptoms can include:

• Rapid weight gain caused by a significant increase in bodily fluid
    • Abdominal pain
    • Severe headaches
    • Change in reflexes
    • Reduced urine or no urine output
    • Dizziness
    • Excessive vomiting and nausea

If anyone knows someone that might have this or even you, you need to act fast!! It can also make the baby stop growing during your 7 months of pregnancy. This is no joke!! But I am also not wanting to freak anyone out either!! It's just better to be careful then anything!! I found out at the last minute and now stuck in the hospital until my baby girl is born.

Please join if you like, but don't start anything if you are wanting to be rude about something. You may have your point of view, but I don't want it to be on here starting a fight. Let's keep this clean and nicely greated with somewhat of a edjacational and friendly act!! All mothers are welcome!!

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sunshine86912
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM
I had it when I was pregnant with my first, but not interested in joining a group for it, but here is a bump!
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Welcome to the Young Moms group!  

I had pre eclampsia when I was pregnant as well.  It really is a terrible condition.  I hope you, and your baby, are doing ok.

Sweet_Honey36
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Well thanks for the share anyways, hope something else takes more of your likings.

Sweet_Honey36
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Thank you and did you have it really bad??

Chillisarah
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:11 PM

never had it...welcome to the group!

jojo_star
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Welcome to the group. I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant, and I have pre-e. I'm at home, it's still mild enough that I don't have to be hospitalized, but I'm being very closely watched. I'd be interested in joining. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)