Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did or how has your baby's father reacted to you being pregnant?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:31 AM
  • 45 Replies

If you're currently pregnant, how has the father of the child responded to it? If you're already a mommy, how did the baby's father react? Currently, my baby's dad has decided to ignore me and it's pretty clear to me that it's most likely end up with me being a single mom unless he manages to accept being a dad and start acting more mature. It's hard but I know my baby is better off without him if he is going to act immature, irresponsible and doesn't even want our child.

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jmuvaa
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:56 AM

My situation is complicated.. when we found out we were pregnant the 1st time, in May '12, he didn't know how to react. He already has a 5 year old, had her when he was my age, so he knows how hard it is. I miscarried on the 4th of July. Any-who, we got pregnant again in Oct. '12, and it was really weird. He asked me " what I wanted to do "about 50 times. I don't believe in abortion, so that was out the window. Besides, I was 4/5 months when I found out & was not killing a human. Soooo, we aren't together, we're co-parenting, and things are cool. We fuss at times, but we're cool most of the time. I wouldn't say I'm a single mom, just single. Any-who, Maybe your BD will come around. If not, do what you have to do & put his ass on child support.

cemcnair
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Hugs! I hope he comes around.
We were ttc both times, so my dh was happy.
cemcnair
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:51 AM
That's a great perspective :) glad you guys work together even if you aren't together.

Quoting jmuvaa:

My situation is complicated.. when we found out we were pregnant the 1st time, in May '12, he didn't know how to react. He already has a 5 year old, had her when he was my age, so he knows how hard it is. I miscarried on the 4th of July. Any-who, we got pregnant again in Oct. '12, and it was really weird. He asked me " what I wanted to do "about 50 times. I don't believe in abortion, so that was out the window. Besides, I was 4/5 months when I found out & was not killing a human. Soooo, we aren't together, we're co-parenting, and things are cool. We fuss at times, but we're cool most of the time. I wouldn't say I'm a single mom, just single. Any-who, Maybe your BD will come around. If not, do what you have to do & put his ass on child support.

wonderstruck11
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM
It took him a second to come around to it, but by the next morning he was really excited. We planned on getting married later in the year, but I didn't want to have a big belly so we started planning a wedding sooner. He loves that baby girl.
SabrinaLC
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:17 PM

He seemed excited but we were trying with the first two.

hannaahmaay
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:44 PM
That's good that you guys are able to co-parent and get along good enough for the sake of your child! Hopefully things continue going good for you guys and your child (: and those are my exact plans, so he better be ready.
ProudMommaBear
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:45 PM
He left
sheenabby09
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:59 PM
He was excited.
hannaahmaay
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Quoting cemcnair:

Hugs! I hope he comes around.
We were ttc both times, so my dh was happy.
Thank you! (: That would be the ideal situation so my baby can have their father but if he's going to continue to act how he is, the baby will be better off. And that's good for you guys! (:
hannaahmaay
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Awh, that's good that he came around (: and I can't blame you for not wanting to get married with a big belly!

Quoting wonderstruck11:

It took him a second to come around to it, but by the next morning he was really excited. We planned on getting married later in the year, but I didn't want to have a big belly so we started planning a wedding sooner. He loves that baby girl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)