Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Am I the only who feels like they are the only one who is happily married at such a young age?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM
  • 28 Replies
I'm 19 and married, we have a son together but we didn't get married just because of him, and I'm not dissing on anyone in that situation. I just NEVER see married couples our age in it for the long run. Even slightly older couples, it seems so rare to see people who are actually in love and it hurts me because I've always grown up in the belief that everyone will find someone they TRUELY belong with. (I know I grew up sheltered) like I said, I'm not dissing on ANYONE I just wanted to know if I was the only one who felt this way
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janell55
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:05 AM
I'm not married but i will be soon and we are in it for the long run. I asked him what he thinks would happen if i said no and he said that he would probably be dead (he had some problems before me) or be chasing/with this girl that treated him like a piece of crap. He said that i saved him :)
army_wife124
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:28 AM
I'm 21 and have been married almost 3 years. We have a 9 month old son. We are in it for the long run and are still in love :). I agree with everyone finding who they belong with eventually. Some just find the right person sooner than others.
jojo_star
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 5:33 AM
I was 18 when I married my husband. We both had a child already. My husband was older, 30, but we are both in it for the long haul, we've been married 7 years. I'm currentlu pregnant with our first child together, but he'll make five kids total, besides our original two, we've also adopted our niece and nephew.
heatherlokey
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I am 21 years old, and I haven't been married very long, just since August 20th of this year. But I wouldn't have done it if I wasn't in it for life. My husband doesn't believe in divorce, so he also feels that we are meant to be together until the end. I know how you feel, though. It's sad to see that people get married for all kinds of different reasons besides love, and it's even more sad to see people "falling out of love" after years of marriage. ):

hismomtobe0205
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:40 PM

i am happily married as well i got married at 19 and now 21 with a 1 1/2 year old son :] 

rjmac88
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:49 PM
My first marriage failed. My second I wasn't so young... I was 22 when we got married. I do get a kick that our relationship was a chance in a million. We were a one night stand. Liked each other, moved in together at 3 weeks, married at 10 months and have been happily married for over 3 years now. It's just something that never happena
cheetah90210
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I love being married
Babybear89
by Geeky Gracey on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I'm happily married at 24. We have been together dince 18
wonderstruck11
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:20 AM
I am a happily married 22 year old and DH is 27. We will be married for 3 years in April. We knew we were going to get married before DD was conceived. I knew he was the one I wanted to spend my life with and we are still completely in love.
sunshine86912
by Dawn on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:05 AM
I got married at 20 and we have been together for 6 years now..I think the problem is when the going gets tough..no one wants to work at it. We have had our share of issues and ups and downs..but work through it..not just walk away from it. It's become very acceptable to just get married and if it doesn't work..or gets too hard, just get divorced, it's too easy to "fix" it that way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN