Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to get a car?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:02 PM
  • 7 Replies
I'm a single 17yr old mom of a 2yr old.. its so hard to keep a job to support me an my son or go to doctor apts when I don't have a car.. really need one. Let me know if u know of any places that will help me get a car with the age I am.
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM
I don't think there's anything. Is there public transit where you live?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Buy here, pay here?

Do you have a co signer? Regular income?

Public transit?

A bicycle?

Are you in a rural area?
cemcnair
by Courtney on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Carpooling with co workers?

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:56 PM

At your age, I don't think you're going to have much luck unless you go through a private seller and not a dealer, unless you can get a parent, grandparent or a good friend to co-sign a loan for you.

HyrulianHer0ine
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM

craigslist! i know theres spam on there but theirs also lots of help. Thiere are dozens of cars on there for dirt cheap, just take someone with you to look the car over completely before handing over any cash! The dmv has them also, atleast for my area. Pay attention to your surroundings too, people are always selling. we got our car on craigslist for 1500, awesome condition and runs like a beauty!

HyrulianHer0ine
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:24 PM

if youd like to do this and would like some help let me know, id be more than happy to help you search too, i helped a friend find her home on there also ^_^ good luck mama

cemcnair
by Courtney on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this
That's so awesome of you!

Quoting HyrulianHer0ine:

if youd like to do this and would like some help let me know, id be more than happy to help you search too, i helped a friend find her home on there also ^_^ good luck mama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)