Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

My changed life

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi. My name Is Skyann. Im 17 and a mom of a wonderful baby girl, Isabella. Life hasn't gone the way I planned it to growing up. I planned to graduate high school and go to a big university. Things changed ! I didn't complete my goal of graduating a year early :) But for school I am going to a local community college online to study law ! My dream is to be a lawyer. I am currently in a complicated relationship. Which let me tell you can defiantly take a toll on someone. I have lost many friends throughout my pregnancy but I love my baby girl so I wouldn't change anything ! I would love to get to know many of you and be able to share and talk to people who are going through the things I am.

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Apgsteenmommy
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

hello :)

welcome

scurnes
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome. Good for you continuing school
jojo_star
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Babies will do that to your life! It doesn't mean it has to be changed in a bad way. You can still go to school and  make a good life for your baby. The biggest obstacle in the way to is a less than healthy relationship. If it is complicated and taking a toll on you, reevaluate it's importance. You have years for a 'complicated' relationship, you only have a small window of time to really fix your life before it really starts to effect your child. 

I'm 25 now, and a mom of four and I'm pregnant, but I had my son when I was 13, so I know how hard it is. But, you can do it. 

sunshine86912
by Dawn on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group!
lashea727
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group
Babybear89
by Geeky Gracey on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome. Good to see you still working on school
Skyann_Marie
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Quoting jojo_star: Thank you. It is hard but as you said I can do it and thats what I tell myself everyday just to get through. I defiantly have been stepping back and looking at things in a new light. I realized that if im not happy my daughter wont be happy and all that matters is her so a complicated relationship isnt the answer right now.

Babies will do that to your life! It doesn't mean it has to be changed in a bad way. You can still go to school and  make a good life for your baby. The biggest obstacle in the way to is a less than healthy relationship. If it is complicated and taking a toll on you, reevaluate it's importance. You have years for a 'complicated' relationship, you only have a small window of time to really fix your life before it really starts to effect your child. 

I'm 25 now, and a mom of four and I'm pregnant, but I had my son when I was 13, so I know how hard it is. But, you can do it. 

Annie_21
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Things happen unexpectedly, that is the way life is. I think it is awesome that you are going to a college to further your education to better yourself!! Keep going and dont give up no matter what you do, or what life throws at you. Friend will come and go, but the ones who really care about you will be the ones who will stay by your side, the other ones are your faux friends. Just keep doing what you are doing to better your life for you and your daughter!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN