Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I'm so frustrated and upset

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:21 AM
  • 5 Replies

So it's been almost 9 months since I filed for child support and yet nothing has been done. It makes me so upset that tihs is even happening. The first time I went the date was moved, then when I went to the next date they extended it till November 18 for my daughter's father to have proof of looking for a job. Well the 18th was Monday and I didn't need to go, well today I was informed that the case worker working on our case is giving him the bebefit of dought, even though he hasn't been looking for work like he was told to. So basically what's happening is that he doesn't need to get a job right now, and that when he feels like getting a job that's when he's gonna start paying. What about the half of the year that he was not helping to support our daughter? this includes when I was still with him. And his family and him think that money is for me and whatever I want to do with it but what they don't understand that money is suppose to help pay for child care and clothes and food and what ever she needs and to be put away in a bank account when she needs it! But no they continue to call me a crazy baby mama and a gold digger and all I want is the money and that I don't care about my daughter. If I didn't care I wouldn't have quite my job to watch her because we could continue to pay for the daycare.

by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sunshine86912
by Dawn on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM

it took 9 months from start to finish for child support to be established for my daugher.  That was with me going in to set stuff up and get the ball rolling the day after I got out of the hospital.  With that being said though, I did NOT get any kind of backpay for those 9 months that I had no support from him.  They said I would only get it from the point of the letter of paternity being established being sent out, which was a month before..and since we already had to settle on an amount rather than him just paying what they said he should be paying, they didnt even suggest back pay..which I thought was crap, but whatever, I was just happy to be getting some form of help.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Aw, sweetie, I'm sorry.  It sucks when dads are so unwilling to give their child what they need.

mommytobe100392
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM

We took the DNA test right after I filed because he kept saying she wasnt his even though his name is on the birth certificate and he signed the paper work ath the hospital when she was born, then he went on saying that he didnt know what he was signing at the hospital

Quoting sunshine86912:

it took 9 months from start to finish for child support to be established for my daugher.  That was with me going in to set stuff up and get the ball rolling the day after I got out of the hospital.  With that being said though, I did NOT get any kind of backpay for those 9 months that I had no support from him.  They said I would only get it from the point of the letter of paternity being established being sent out, which was a month before..and since we already had to settle on an amount rather than him just paying what they said he should be paying, they didnt even suggest back pay..which I thought was crap, but whatever, I was just happy to be getting some form of help.

mommytobe100392
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 4:31 PM

It is and I even told him that if he didn't want to be a parent all he needs to do is sign his rights over because in California to sign rights over there needs to be a willing party to adopt the child and my hubby is very willing that he brought up adopting her along time ago but my ex isnt willing to because he hates my hubby and because his family is telling him not to but also not to pay child support. their jus doing this to make things harder for me and my family 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Aw, sweetie, I'm sorry.  It sucks when dads are so unwilling to give their child what they need.

sunshine86912
by Dawn on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:48 AM
We did our part of the DNA test when I filed, but they had to track the guy down, which took about a month and then for him to actually go do his part took another month ugh!

Quoting mommytobe100392:

We took the DNA test right after I filed because he kept saying she wasnt his even though his name is on the birth certificate and he signed the paper work ath the hospital when she was born, then he went on saying that he didnt know what he was signing at the hospital

Quoting sunshine86912:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN