Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st birthday party yes or No

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM
  • 17 Replies
hi I'm an angel I'm 21 and I have a 11month old little boy who birthday is coming up this January i want to have a birthday party with all his little cousins and friends an family but my in laws seem to think he does not need a birthday party because he will not remember .... I guess my question is am I wrong for wanting to have a big birthday party for a1 year old
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aztecqueen22
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
You are definitely not wrong. Its a big milestone. And u can always take photos to show him when he's older. I had one for my daughter and she was happy to see everyone. She was dancing. And eating cake.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
He won't remember it and the first birthday is definitely for you and family:-) Keep it simple because it's easier on you. You don't want it to be stressful on you or baby, it should be fun. Takes tons of pictures!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

If you want to have a party, have a party.  But, since he won't remember any of it, make it something that YOU will enjoy. :)

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I think most people do some type of a party for their 1 yr olds. Besides, the decision is yours, not anyone else's. I had a big party for my son for his 1st birthday and every year since then.

sunshine86912
by Dawn on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
We had a first birthday for my youngest..I didn't really have a first birthday for my oldest..it was just me and her..my husband was deployed, we knew no one..and I was 2 hours from my home..lol
jamellmommy23
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I really appreciate everybody's opinion definitely makes me feel better about kinda going all out for his 1st birthday even though he won't remember
Benswifey10710
by Amanda on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Not wrong at all :) smash cakes are fun! We just do something small with family & friends but def deserves a party!
wonderstruck11
by Allons-y on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

We had one. Mostly family. She had a lot of fun playing with all the other kids thre.

Kari4912
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

One year old is a big milestone I had one for my son along with my dads 66th birthday since he wasn't home for his was in the hospital for surgery for his 65th birthday. I would have one its such a fun time. All the friends and family! We had a blast and so did my son.
jamellmommy23
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:58 PM
That so awesome looks like such a fun party too cute

Quoting Kari4912:

One year old is a big milestone I had one for my son along with my dads 66th birthday since he wasn't home for his was in the hospital for surgery for his 65th birthday. I would have one its such a fun time. All the friends and family! We had a blast and so did my son.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)