Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Middle name change?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:34 AM
  • 6 Replies
Should I change my sons middle name as well as last name? I know I'm changing his last name to mine. But his middle name is after his deadbeat father who hasn't seen or talked to him In a year. My son is 2 and a half. And I hate knowing that's my sons middle name, after some guy who doesn't even care about him anymore...is it too late to change his middle name or is it still ok? I want to change it to my late fathers name. He was the best dad and would have been the best grandpa in the world.
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cemcnair
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Sure, if it's a not a ton more complicated and you don't want the reminder, change it.
Babybear89
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Go for it
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:43 PM

If you can change it without any hassle, go for it. :)

sunshine86912
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 5:04 PM
I suppose I would change it..but I prolly wouldn't have done that in the first place, my oldest has my last name because I figured her bio father would not step up..and it was easier for her to have my last name..and he didn't..and I'm glad I picked her name..and had her have my last name
stefani718
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 11:42 AM
It'll be the same thing as changing the last name. I'll have to notify his dad and everything. And tell them why I feel it should be changed, the only complication would be if his dad decided to come from Florida to court and fight it. But even then I'm sure they'd side with me, he hasn't seen him in a year, hasn't asked to see him. Hasn't called him in about 9 months. Not even on his birthday or christmas. He's texted me but only once a month or every two months. And he says that he hasn't came to visit bc he doesn't have the money, but he's gotten a new tattoo that was about the cost of a round trip ticket. So I know that's bullshit. I mean I'm honestly glad he is out of his life. I just want to get his name changed so he doesn't have to be reminded of a guy who abandoned him.

Quoting amonkeymom:

If you can change it without any hassle, go for it. :)

Benswifey10710
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM
I'd do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)