Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pipes froze

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:14 PM
  • 9 Replies
I'm upset this horrible snow storm and wind chills made my pipes freeze. Time to get out my check book and call a plumber. Anyone else in the same boat?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
maxsmommy1010
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:40 PM

i am and have been for these last like 4 days we only just got cold back still no hot water... i live in a trailer so it happens every time it gets really cold. We just put heat tape on the pipes and bought portable heaters from home depot and have blankets and towels wrapped around the pipes. now that we have cold ive been leaving the faucet on a steady low stream so they wont freeze again ill just be happy when michigan gets out of subzero

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Thankfully no. We just have ice on the outside of our windows and our porch door is frozen shut. Everything else is fine.

scurnes
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Not me but I have heard a lot of people having that problem.
yellow14
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:21 PM
A plumber is coming over tomorow to fix it. Been 3 days with no water,and too cold to get out of the house. I really need shower and so does my husband and toddler. My son is sick so I don't want to take him out in the cold. I'm praying that no pipes burst.
Babybear89
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:24 AM
So sorry that's awful
sunshine86912
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Oh no! I am hoping our house in nc is okay! We live in Germany...so no issues there
sunshine86912
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Oh no! I am hoping our house in nc is okay! We live in Germany...so no issues there
yellow14
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:02 PM
I finally got it fixed after 3 days, my pipes burst though. We had to use up our savings. Upsetting we wanted to go on a vacation but now have to start over.
Benswifey10710
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Oh no!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)