Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We should all be sahms!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:38 AM
  • 9 Replies

Mobile Photo

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/how-important-early-education.html

This link really seems to suggest that if you aren't a sahm, your child is not going to get the best start. What do you think? Do you work?
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KristinD1988
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:40 AM

I am a SAHM but I don't agree. Just because you need to return back to work and have somebody else care for your child doesn't mean anything. You could be the worst SAHM ever and not take care of your kids, or you could take your kid to daycare and they could have amazing care. I'm suring there are planty of working moms who are amazing parents. My parents always worked and my nanny watched me when I was little and I turned out fine haha

Benswifey10710
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Im a sahm and also Disagree above poster had some good points
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderstruck11
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Uh, no. I am a SAHM, but it is not for everyone. Some kids would be better off in daycare because their parent does not have the skills it takes to be a stay at home parent.
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:42 PM

As long as the child is getting everything they need socially, mentally, physically, then it doesn't matter if they are with a parent, teacher, baby-sitter, etc. I stayed home with my son full time until he was over a year old. Then worked part time. Now I work full time. My son has always been at home with either me or my husband. So even if a mom works, a child can certainly get all their needs met, plus it doesn't automatically mean the child is in daycare. Even now that I work full time, my son has never had a babysitter or been in daycare.

sunshine86912
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:28 PM
It's too tiny for me to be able to read and I can't freaking copy and paste on my iPad lol
cemcnair
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:32 PM
But not all parents who work, right?!?

Lol! I work full time. I'm sure I would be just fine as a sahm and my boys would learn and grow. But, I enjoy my job, I love the daycare/preschool they are in, and we spend quality time together when I'm home.

Quoting wonderstruck11: Uh, no. I am a SAHM, but it is not for everyone. Some kids would be better off in daycare because their parent does not have the skills it takes to be a stay at home parent.
cemcnair
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Sorry!! I'm mobile, I can't make it clicky.

Quoting sunshine86912: It's too tiny for me to be able to read and I can't freaking copy and paste on my iPad lol
wonderstruck11
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Some parents can do it, but I think a lot can't. I know I have a friend that tried and got severely depressed because it just wasn't the right fit for her. She was much better off leaving her child at a day care.

Quoting cemcnair: But not all parents who work, right?!?

Lol! I work full time. I'm sure I would be just fine as a sahm and my boys would learn and grow. But, I enjoy my job, I love the daycare/preschool they are in, and we spend quality time together when I'm home.

Quoting wonderstruck11: Uh, no. I am a SAHM, but it is not for everyone. Some kids would be better off in daycare because their parent do not have the skills it takes to be a stay at home parent.

Babybear89
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:44 PM
It's not feasible for every one how ignorant
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)