Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Did you belong to a clicque?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

Did you belong to a clicque in high school?  What group did you hang out with most? 

Do you think your choice of friends contributed to you're becoming a mom at an early age?

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Benswifey10710
by Amanda on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:56 PM
I didn't really fit in with any of them...somewhat because I was a loner
StreetsAhead
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:05 PM

I think schools in Europe are less 'cliquey' (I'm just going on films here) maybe to do with the size, role of sports those sort of things

But in school I was relatively popular, people liked me and I was generally nice, I was captain of the hockey team, people knew who I was, wasnt the most clever but wasnt thick. I suited school I think

Did it contribute to me becoming a mum at a young age? No, I dont come from that 'world' (I went to boarding school). 2 things contributed to me becoming a parent - one DS's dad died and I suddenly had an 8yr old and with the new baby probably has more to do with getting DS at 21 and SO being 7 years older than me

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:16 PM

I didn't really belong in any particular group but was friends with people from all of them.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:24 PM
No, I just had my friends. They definitely did not have anything to do with me having kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:51 PM

My high school didn't really have "clicques." I was the type that was friends with almost everyone. And no, it had nothing to do with me becoming a mom, I got pregnant 4 yrs after high school.

cemcnair
by Courtney on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:33 PM
I was kinda nerdy...
scurnes
by Sara on Mar. 6, 2014 at 6:52 PM

not really, i didnt quite fit in

wonderstruck11
by Allons-y on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:29 PM
I hung out with the geeky kids; art nerds, goths, video game geeks, ext. We were a very diverse group.

They didn't influence me to be a young mom. I was the first to get pregnant.
sunshine86912
by Dawn on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Nope..I was nice to everyone..and I didn't hang out with just one groupy....but I wouldn't say I was popular either. And no, they didn't influence me having a child young
Babybear89
by Geeky Gracey on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Nerdy loner status here
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)