Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this normal with teeth coming in(for adults)

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:04 PM
  • 14 Replies

OK so we are all young moms hopefully someone has gone through this and can help. I have my last (molar?) coming in idk the back tooth. Well its been more painful for the last week as it comes in and in that week ive had 3 ear infections. The pain has never 100% gone away I had one 6 days ago then a dull pain until the one last night and then dull pain and the pain is starting to pick up again now. I have hot washcloth on it and ive tried the garlic oil. It does seem to get worse pain when the tooth gets worse pain(you know the pain comes and goes) 

so my question is is this normal or should i just go to the doc? i only have birth control insurance wonder if i can just go to get birth control which i need anyways and combine it and have insurance pay for it ? Lol

Like Free stuff? Come check us out! We have Frugal Ideas, Freebies, Sweepstakes, Instant win games & more! Even ways to Earn Money. ]C8lin's Freebie Page 100% Free stuff! Group - CafeMom

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babybear89
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Is it a wisdom tooth?
wonderstruck11
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:10 PM
I have a wisdom tooth starting to pop through. It does kinda hurt, but I am also sick so not sure how much of it is my tooth and how much is just the sore throat.
I am going to the dentist tomorrow for a check up and hopefully they can just make the tooth pop out.

I suggest going to the dentist. It could be infected or it could have an abscess, both are not something you want to ignore.

For the pain, try resting a tea bag on the spot. Or soak a cotton ball in vanilla extract and put it there. An apple cider vinegar Prince has helped my toothaches in the past, just be sure to brush your teeth well after because ACV is very acidic and shouldn't be left on your teeth long.
Lax5
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Wisdom tooth:/
C8linVilla
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:14 PM

i can handle the tooth pain its the ear pain im having issues with. And i have 2 broken teeth, a root canal and at least 3 cavities but no insurance and cant find anyone to see me that will do payments. im seriously SOL right now. this is all caused from eating ice in all my pregnancies i highly recommend to never eat ice!! EVER

Quoting wonderstruck11: I have a wisdom tooth starting to pop through. It does kinda hurt, but I am also sick so not sure how much of it is my tooth and how much is just the sore throat. I am going to the dentist tomorrow for a check up and hopefully they can just make the tooth pop out. I suggest going to the dentist. It could be infected or it could have an abscess, both are not something you want to ignore. For the pain, try resting a tea bag on the spot. Or soak a cotton ball in vanilla extract and put it there. An apple cider vinegar Prince has helped my toothaches in the past, just be sure to brush your teeth well after because ACV is very acidic and shouldn't be left on your teeth long.

Like Free stuff? Come check us out! We have Frugal Ideas, Freebies, Sweepstakes, Instant win games & more! Even ways to Earn Money. ]C8lin's Freebie Page 100% Free stuff! Group - CafeMom

Jessicamarquez
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Wisdom tooth you have to get them pulled. If you don't have insurance for dental look into going to a dental school to get it done it's much cheaper. Gl
wonderstruck11
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:17 PM
I understand. I have had to have a few teeth extracted because I couldn't afford to fix them sooner. When I go tomorrow, I am getting 6 fillings and probably planning 2 more extractions.

I have never heard of a dentist not allowing payments. I have gone to a few different and they all have.

Quoting C8linVilla:

i can handle the tooth pain its the ear pain im having issues with. And i have 2 broken teeth, a root canal and at least 3 cavities but no insurance and cant find anyone to see me that will do payments. im seriously SOL right now. this is all caused from eating ice in all my pregnancies i highly recommend to never eat ice!! EVER

Quoting wonderstruck11: I have a wisdom tooth starting to pop through. It does kinda hurt, but I am also sick so not sure how much of it is my tooth and how much is just the sore throat.
I am going to the dentist tomorrow for a check up and hopefully they can just make the tooth pop out.

I suggest going to the dentist. It could be infected or it could have an abscess, both are not something you want to ignore.

For the pain, try resting a tea bag on the spot. Or soak a cotton ball in vanilla extract and put it there. An apple cider vinegar Prince has helped my toothaches in the past, just be sure to brush your teeth well after because ACV is very acidic and shouldn't be left on your teeth long.

Bertha21
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Get it removed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charliemom12
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:58 AM
Currently have the same problem. It is wisdom teeth coming in it hurts but don't necessarily need them out depends on what your dentist says... Getting mine pulled out soon because it's painful and the pain could last months, because that I how long it takes for them to come all the way through.
wonderstruck11
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:58 AM
I had one pop through in less than a week.

Quoting Charliemom12: Currently have the same problem. It is wisdom teeth coming in it hurts but don't necessarily need them out depends on what your dentist says... Getting mine pulled out soon because it's painful and the pain could last months, because that I how long it takes for them to come all the way through.
MrsCain12
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Could it be your wisdom tooth coming in? All 4 of mine were trying to come in when I was in my teens, and I finally had to have them cut out when I was 18. Mine had to be cut out though because the roots were growing back towards the back of my head. As long as the roots are straight down and you have room in your mouth for the teeth, they should come in fine and then stop hurting. Otherwise, they will have to be pulled or cut out
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)